Al Molo Ristorante Italiano

2730 7900

Al Molo Ristorante Italiano Kowloon Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A place with a nice view Jan 23, 2012
I came back from my short ride with the Star Ferry and was quite tired and thirsty for a beer and as I remember there was no bars at the Ferry Terminal area. I walked towards the Harbour City Mall when I spotted the outdoor area of the Al Molo restaurant; It was cold but I was able to sit outside and have a beer overlooking the harbor area, Hong Kong Island and the ships passing by. I went inside and asked if I could sit outside and have a beer. The looked a bit confused as it was raining but I had spotted a place that was not wet.

The customer has always right so I got my beer outside. The chairs were quite comfortable and on a sunny day you probably had to queue to get a seat here but on this day I was totally alone, and probably regarded like a crazy man and lets be fair it was not warm. On the other side it was quite funny sitting there watching all the people posing for the Hong Kong Skyline and after a beer more I became hungry and decided to go inside for a light meal.

Inside the restaurant was much larger than I had anticipated. It was modern in its look and the base color was a pleasant brown base, so it appeared nice and in between cozy and neat. I found a table overlooking the water; it was almost on the other side of the window that I got seated. I looked at the menu that was a bit pricy but I expected that with the view and I didn’t mind because I was not looking for a full meal just something light; I went for the Caesar Salad and was looking forward to se their version.

The Caesar Salad was quite nice and crisp like I want it. The portion was okay, not as huge as you sometime get it in the States but nice and fair; I really liked it. Many of the other guests were couples or families looking for a lunch break after a cold walk outside, and I could see that it was common to buy one small pizza and them share. The prices were a bit high here.

I enjoyed my salad and left for the outside world again after my meal.
The Caesar Salad
The Caesar Salad
Inside the Al Molo Restaurant
Inside the Al Molo Restaurant

Compare Causeway Bay Hotel Rates (4km away)

Al Molo Ristorante Italiano Map