Al-Kalaa (The Castle)

03-2161 7831

Al-Kalaa (The Castle) Kampung Baru Reviews

adrianaaaron adrianaa…
A great place for Shisha (hookah) Mar 26, 2013
The Castle is a great place to Shisha (hookah). This arabic cuisine restaurant is my all-time favourite. The restaurant belongs to a my friend's dad and I would come here for dinner apart from paying my friend a visit. The Shisha here is pretty cheap - RM5 per Shisha, served in various flavours. I am not a good smoker; taking shisha isn't really my kind of thing although I do try it sometimes with my friends.

I like the place a lot although getting my order can be pretty stressful at times. The restaurant is always flooded with so many people (it serves good food, that's why), so sometimes the waiters may not be able to take your orders when you try to call them. The waiters work hard and they are always moving around the restaurant! I had to really raise up my hand to get their attentions. If you are not rushing for a meeting, I highly recommend this place.

The Kabsa tastes good - they serve kabsa Lamb, Chicken and beef. There is also shawarma if you prefer something light.

The restaurant is located in Kampung Baru, KL. Travellers travelling by train can take the LRT to Kampung Baru station. Then, take a taxi to the restaurant. Dining in at night is wonderful. Try it! :)
Menu book
One of the dishes I ordered

Compare Kuala Lumpur Hotel Rates (0.8km away)

Al-Kalaa (The Castle) Map