Al Forno

Al Forno - Website Advert :-D

Al Forno Kingston upon Thames Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Al Forno, Kingston Upon Thames May 12, 2012
Spotted the place as we did a recce around Kingston on arrival. Looked good from the outside, and decided that was where we were heading that night, and glad we did.

Nice warm welcome on arrival, and all the staff, and there were plenty of them, appeared to be Italian. Actually remineded me of a restaurant my son and I went to in Rome, so there was a pretty authentic feel to it.

Quick and efficient getting the menus and drinks to us, something a hate hanging about for. Nice pint of Peroni on draught, and I don't care about any wait.

Tables are crammed pretty close together, but not enough to be annoying or annoyed by the folk at the next table. Nicely decorated inside :-)

We all just went for some garlic bread and cheese for starters, which weren't long in coming and delivered to the table straight from the kitchen by one of chefs.

I had a good traditional lasagne, wife had chicken in a cream and wine sauce, my boy had the lamb and daughter went for the Gnocchi. So we had a good representative selection from across the menu and each of them was excellent.

Staff were over all the time checking that glasses were full, and there was a lovely disorganised organisation about it all, in anyone would take your order but it would be delivered to the table by the table waiter,but it was still really efficient.

We all had desserts, mainly hot chocolate fudge cake , and a couple of coffees. Bill came to a very reasonable, to me, £90-75.

On leaving it was just across the road to stroll back along the walkway at the side of The Thames, a nice way to end the meal.

Think we were lucky in the time we arrived, as the restaurant seemed full a short time after we were seated. Probably worth making a reservation if you intend going, particularly at the weekend. Seemed to be a lot of regular punters, with the waiters and what looked like the owner sitting down and joining the company at a few of the tables.

Using my measure of would you bother going back, then the answer would be definately :-) One of the nicest restaurants I've been to in a good while.

Few photos, and not great, as only had my phone :-(, and they don't really do the place the justice it deserves.
Inside Al Forno
At The Table
Al Forno Tables
A Wee Peroni Apperatif
monky says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Dr_Seuss says:
Cheers guys, nice surprise, given I'm a bit out the habit of writing :-O
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
See what happens whe you come back to TB....

Check Kingston upon Thames Hotel Deals