Al Duomo

www.alduomo.co.uk - 01273 326741

Al Duomo Brighton Reviews

SamsTravels SamsTrav…
Avoid like the plague!!! Feb 04, 2011
We were in Brighton town and decided to run into the restaurant for a nice lunch. From when we arrived to leaving we were appalled. We were made to wait 15 minutes upon arrival even though the restaurant was basically empty, whilst the waiters chattered amongst themselves talking loudly and distastefully in broken Italian and English. When we were eventually seated the waiter would come and ask us literally every 2 minutes if we were ready to order, after the 5th time this became very uncomfortable despite us telling him that we were still looking and him failing to bring us our drinks 30 minutes into taking that order.

When our food eventually arrived the waiters stood no more than half a metre from our table watching us eat to the extent that if I sat back on my chair I would nudge them. As for the food the starter was cold upon arrival and my friends main meal being lasagne, resembled a dish of mince meat with no trace of white sauce or cheese and one square of pasta in the middle. I ordered a special which came heavily laced with chillies which I might add I don’t eat! After complaining they started arguing with me about the order, rather that just replacing the dish! I was not happy at all and felt completely humiliated!!

We complained to the manager at this point who agreed that this was not proper lasagne or the correct dish and all he could say in consolation was that he would speak to the chef as this meal would cost them far more than if it had been made correctly with more pasta and less mince meat. He agreed to waive the cost of the main course and offered to make something else for us.

We decided we were not willing to spoil our evening even more by staying and left and instead went to Donatello restaurant and had a brilliant meal.

I would never go back to this restaurant and warn everyone who is visiting Brighton – KEEP AWAY!!!

Check Brighton Hotel Deals