Al Barattolo

18 Rue Massena, Nice, France
04 93 55 91 57
Al Barattolo - Don't tell me you don't like the food!
Al Barattolo - Don't tell me you don't like the food!

Al Barattolo Nice Reviews

Vioweil Vioweil
Never again! Sep 01, 2012
It was my first time in Nice and my ex-husband offered to show me the city around. After walking up and down the Promenade des Anglais he invited me to the restaurant Al Barattolo to have dinner together.

I should never trust his taste in restaurants and accept his invitation! Or maybe he chose intentionally that restaurant by taking in consideration our ugly break up! I don’t know. But what I know for sure is that Al Barattolo was a bad choice in all possible ways.

The service was very slow and the waitress didn’t seem to care about the many people who got up because they were ignored for so long and left about ten minutes after they sat down. I resisted the urge to do the same and after waiting about 25 minutes we have finally got our order.

Not only that my pasta had no taste, but it was only a little bit warmer than my skin! When I asked the waitress to warm my pasta in microwave she looked long at me and took my plate ostentatious. It goes without saying that I have got my pasta back after another 10 good minutes. Instead, my EX was happy with his meal but this fact has no real meaning since he eats anything, no matter if bedbugs or caviar!

It was a very disappointing dining experience, so never there again.
westwind57 says:
OMG...!! I only see this review now even though you wrote it some time ago. But suddenly I understand your question about the things I ate in different places ("are you feeling allright?")... :D :D ... Truely, no idea what to say now :P
Posted on: Jun 19, 2012
Jonathanchen says:
haha~very funny~thanks for the warning! i should pay attention~

Posted on: Oct 08, 2011
spocklogic says:
With an opening like - "It was my first time in Nice and my ex-husband offered to show me the city around" the bias is already built in, but there is humor in it too. There is no such thing as a nice ex in NICE!
Posted on: Sep 27, 2011