Al Barair Hair Cutting Saloon

Route 55, Al Dhaid, United Arab Emirates

Al Barair Hair Cutting Saloon Al Dhaid Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Like stepping back into a Wild West Movie Feb 08, 2011
While I was looking for the bookstore my eyes caught a Hair Cutting Saloon and I needed a haircut so I thought why not. I entered the shop and asked if they had time for me. The question was kind obvious because there were no customers in there and one guy being the owner was just sitting and reading a newspaper.

A younger person came towards me and he was obvious the one that was doing the work in the little saloon. He said that he was free and showed me to the chair in the far end of the saloon. The chair was very high and the guy was very short, but evidently he decided to cut me with straight arms which must be pretty hard. The owner didn't look at all what was happening; he was clearly the boss and had an important newspaper to read.

The little guy went behind a wall and to my surprise he came back in a white doctor’s robe and with a bandana over his mouth like I was getting an operation. His doctor robe had seen better days because one of the sleeves was almost falling off.

In his hand he had a small black bag which he put on the desk. He opened the bag like it was for the signing of a piece declaration; inside were his tools and since I only wanted a machine cut, he didn't have to unpack all his tools and stuff that was in the bag.

He took out a non-cordless old purple hair cutting machine, which he in the end of my treatment almost strangled me in because he hardly could reach the top of my head, but that was a sideremark.

He started by taking the haircutter apart and cleaned it slowly with 3 different small brushes; I guess he could have done that earlier but he was probably too busy preparing mentally.

He was very thorough in his cutting and I as far I can remember it was one of the better ones that I ever had. At the end of the process he gave me a head massage that made loads of noises with his hands but it felt quite good. I felt kind of relaxed and I decided that I was so good sitting in the chair that I asked him if he could handle a clean shave as well. He almost lightened up like a street light in a dark alley, because there was more money to make and he had a possibility to actually do something I guess.

I managed little by little to talk to him; he was not a great speaker and I guess that the proximity of his boss was the main reason. It turned out that he was from Pakistan and Punjab as well as the taxi driver I had been touring Dubai with a couple of days earlier.

His approach to my clean shave was also thorough. First he put some powder in my face, so I looked like a spook from a Scubbi Doo cartoon or harlequin at his best; after that he came back from behind the wall with all kind of bottles that he emptied in my face before he took out the shaving knife and started to shave me. He did so twice before he the third time went through my face with an electrical shaver; I ended up being smoother than a newborn baby ass. When he finished he gave me another face massage so I had to check in the mirror to see if he had gotten the face back in the same place again, but I must admit that it felt great.

After he finally was finished with me I asked him how much he wanted for all this; he looked kind of embarrassed and I could see on him that he was thinking of how much I would be willing to pay for the treatment. He said 20 D like he had taken the biggest risk in the whole world and he would be deported back to Punjab with the next plane.

I decided to go along and made his day by giving him 25 D or 5 €, and I could only laugh because we were both very happy. It had been a fun experience which I only can recommend. As a side remark; in all the time I was there the owner continued reading his newspaper and never left his chair, he never looked at me once.
The Al Barair Hair Cutting Saloon
Chokk says:
It grows out fast, especially on my ears!! :-*
sarahsan says:
Do you have any hair left?
Chokk says:
Thanks Sarah - it was really funny in a way!
Al Barair Hair Cutting Saloon  Map