Ajishin Sushi & Noodles

42270 Grand River Avenue, Novi, MI, USA

Ajishin Sushi & Noodles Novi Reviews

maddy500 maddy500
Great Udon Soup in Michigan Mar 13, 2011
I found this restaurant by accident one day driving through Novi, Michigan. It’s located in a strip mall and I saw the sign that said Aiishin Sushi & Noodles’, and I was intrigued by the part that said noodles. The restaurant is small and crowded, and there was a line waiting which is always a good sign. When we sat down, we were served a hot green tea. And looking around, I thought the restaurant was simple, cheerful, and homey, with a lot of cat memorabilia, wood chairs and tables, and a sushi bar in the back. Most of the other diners were Asian appeared to be Japanese and a lot of them were ordering the same thing, a big bowl of udon soup. To this day, I’m not exactly sure what I ended up eating as I just told the waiter who was very busy serving such a busy crowd that I just wanted the meal/soup everyone else was having. I was NOT disappointed. I had the most amazing bowl of soup with dried fish flakes on top and a great tasting broth. To this day, I think it’s best soup I’ve had, maybe because it was such a surprise finding it in the middle of freezing Michigan. And it was very reasonably priced. I just wish I knew the name of the soup I had, how to make it, and/or that the restaurant could please relocate next to my house. The restaurant is open every day 11:30-2:30pm, 5-9:30 pm, closed on Tuesday. They don’t take reservations unfortunately, but they may make an exception at night. If you’re ever in Novi, Michigan it’s definitely worth a stop.
maddy500 says:
I've had udon soup before, this was just something extraordinary. Really, I don't understand why noodle shops aren't as prevalent as sushi restaurants because I'd rather have noodle soup than sushi most of the time.
Posted on: Mar 14, 2011
jethanad says:
Udon soup - you love it after you have tried it !
Posted on: Mar 14, 2011