Ajisen Ramen

Ajisen Ramen - Potstickers

Ajisen Ramen Shanghai Reviews

spicyricecake spicyric…
Great tasting ramen chain restaurant Aug 14, 2011
On my last day in Shanghai, my cousin took me to Ajisen Ramen, located in Shanghai HongQiao Railway Station. Ajisen Ramen, also called Wèiqiān Lāmiàn in Chinese, is actually popular a chain restaurant with many different types of Japanese food, including ramyun, udon, fried rice, omurice, etc. There are many other locations throughout China, but Shanghai holds over 100 locations.

The place was pretty crowded, but this was normal in a big city, especially places like airports and train stations. We got seated pretty fast.

After looking at the menu, I decided on a bowl of pork and mushroom ramyun, and orange juice. My cousin ordered fried rice. We ordered an appetizer of potstickers to share.

The food was great. The ramen, or hand pulled noodles, were very loose and had many different flavors, and lots of spicy soup. It was served in a big bowl with a huge serving. The fried rice looked great as well, and the potstickers was delicious.

The price was not expensive, for three people, the total was about 70 yuan.

One thing though, the waitstaff tried to usher us out before we were done. Although this was understandable since it was peak hours, it wasn't pleasant. Also, I decided to take a quick picture of the food, and the waitress was quick to say that I wasn't allowed to take pictures of their food. My cousin got mad, since this was food we bought, and demanded a manager. The manager then gave a different excuse, saying that the reason the camera wasn't allowed was because it was distracting to the other patrons, which wasn't true since it didn't even flash. My cousin, hardheaded as he was, argued until the manager apologized. I didn't dare bring out my camera again, though.
Ramyun!
Potstickers
Orange Juice, or Cheng Zhi
Some coconut drink my cousin got
spicyricecake says:
@Jonathan, yep, I don't think the restaurant really had a policy about it, and the waitress was just being rude, and then when the manager realized it he made up the excuse. My cousin told him if there really is that policy, they need to hang a sign up or something.

@Oli, hah surprised you found it too! Why didn't you order that time? Was the kitchen dirty?
Posted on: May 30, 2012
mosted says:
Haha funny you found it in Shanghai! I had dinner there 3 times while our stay in Hong Kong and I liked it too. Only one time where we could look inside the kitchen we left the restaurant without an order :D
Posted on: May 29, 2012