Ajanta Hotel

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals

Ajanta Hotel New Delhi Reviews

ko2678 ko2678
Great three star hotel,with free airport transfers !! Jun 27, 2014
I chose the Ajanta from reviews,however the main reason was that they offered free airport transfers,and the features I look for in choosing a hotel were all there.That is,free wifi,breakfast included,aircon,and a fridge in the room.

Sure enough,there was a car to meet me at the airport,and a warm welcome at the hotel.

My room was large,clean and comfortable,with a balcony.

Breakfast was mainly Indian,although eggs as you like could be ordered,and the restaurant served good lunch and dinner.

The tour desk was excellent ,and Mr Singh organised a car and driver for 24 days everything included,at a reasonable cost.he also arranged train and air ticket to Varanasi.

I stayed at the Ajanta Hotel on three different occasions over 30 days,and would highly recommend this three star hotel
rheagirl rheagirl
A Decent Stay with A Little Scam Feb 11, 2011
From Indira Gandhi Int'l Airport the three of us were picked up by a car which was inclusive with our hotel accommodation at Hotel Ajanta. We were surprised at how the driving in the streets of India could give you a heart attack. :D Nevertheless, we arrived uninjured and still in sound thoughts.

Anyways, our hotel is in Pahar Ganj which is known for backpackers area. However, the facade of Hotel Ajanta makes a good impression and probably it is the most illuminated hotel along the street of Arakashan. The male receptionists and crews are nice. Their small scale elevator, which can accommodate 3 thin people (max) by the way, is already a challenge getting to the fifth floor where you would rather take the stairs if you are scared to get stack inside.

I paid Rs3,920 for a standard air-conditioned room, 2 night stay. It was decent enough. The room comes with a double bed, a personal ref, a television, an old private bathroom, & a royalty type doorlock key which is quite interesting and took me about 2 minutes to unlock my door. hmm.. My room does not have any window which makes me feel a bit scary when the lights went out for a while. Though, it is a large room, the huge furnitures made it looks cramped. It was a bit noisy at night. And oh, before I forgot the bellboy told us that the bottled water is free for consumption.

The bathroom could have been better if the pipes underneath the lavatory is not leaking and if they did some serious scrubbing of the bathtub.

There is a restaurant in the rooftop where you can also use their internet for free. You just have to bear the dusty tables and keyboards. ;0)

Their restaurant in the ground floor is ok and still serves food as late as 1030pm. Their breakfast buffet is Rs250/head, which is ok and if you opt for an ala carte meal it would cost you around Rs150 or more.

The receptionist advised us to ride a taxi to get to the Taj Express Train Station which we found out that it was just 700 meters away. Nice advise huh?

Before we check out on our third day, we arranged for a Delhi day tour that costs us Rs1,350 which is inclusive of airport drop. And so we paid for our day tour and accommodation. This time they are asking us to pay for the consumed bottled water. What??

So, upon our check out the taxi is already waiting and the manager (I suppose) told us that the receipt of the tour is already handed to the driver. Unfortunately, our driver/tourguide did not even see the receipt and was surprised that we paid Rs1,350. Oh well, poor driver. He was so good and very nice. We gave him a tip after dropping us to the airport.

The hotel could have been a nice place to stay if not for little scams we experienced.
The Royal Door Key :D
oceanroses oceanros…
Typical tourist trap!!! Nov 29, 2011
The worst Hotel I have ever been in on Arakashan Road, which has a belt of hotels in all categories. But this was way too expensive for the teeny tiny smelly room, with threadbare mattresses and no windows. I understand the no-windows policy in an airconditioned room, but we had one without aircondition.

Its a great favourite with backpackers, but really, I would recommend rechecking prices with other, newer or newly renovated Hotels in the same street. Usually, as soon as you get out of your taxi you are approached by people who offer their hotels. We got some great deals when we looked around, where we got the same room for half the price. (In India you have to learn the bargain-game anyhow and in this case the option of pre-booking just doesn't pay off.)

On a personal note, I must add, that I also had a very bad experience with the staff, when they refused to let my Indian friend of fifteen (!)years visit me in my room, which was out of pure racism, since they generally do not allow Indians (being Indians themselves) into the Hotel.
Travellr Travellr
Clean & comfortable hotel in the heart of Delhi. Nov 21, 2011
Starting with free pick up from the airport to the location in the heart of Delhi. You can walk to the train station for trains to other cities and to the metro station to get to other parts of Delhi. While it is located in busy Paharganj, Ajanta continues to deliver a good experience despite being located in the busy center of the city. They can do more to ensure that their guests have a better experience when hiring taxis etc and you must ask the Manager / Guest Services to help you negotiate a firm price in case you are hiring a taxi for the day's sightseeing.
Intergallactic Intergal…
Safer place with recognition for single female travelers May 01, 2011
Hotel provides free pick up from the airport or train station. Rates were affordable and have got several accreditations which may safeguard travelers. Rooms were not that big though the bath room a bit oversized in comparison.

Travel counter was available within the hotel which arranged city tours and taj mahal trips to Agra.

Restaurant was available in the ground floor and there were a lot of options outside if you are keen enough.
HollyLou HollyLou
Don't go.. Especially if a Solo Female Traveler... Feb 21, 2010
I had never traveled anywhere alone or been anywhere like Delhi. I felt reassured that I was being collected from the airport by Hotel Ajanta..

When I walked out the airport there was no-one waiting to collect me. I had to pay for a taxi to take me to Hotel Ajanta, and when I eventually got there the staff did not seem to care in the slightest that my pick up had not been there. No-one apologised or offered to reimburse the cost of the taxi fare. They just didn't care.

I was then told that I would have to stay in their 'Overflow Hotel' across the road, as the rooms were all taken in the actual hotel I had booked a room in... Even though I had reconfirmed my booking prior to departure.

The 'overflow hotel' was a building site. I think I was the only person in the building, and it had no front door yet, so I felt very unsafe. The only other people in the 'hotel' were some Indian builders who continued working late into the night. My room was not finished and was filthy. The walls were bare plaster and everything was covered in a thick layer of building dust. In the sink there was a used soap, coated in pubes and the toilet was rank..

In hindsight now I realise I should have walked out and refused to stay there, but I was very letjagged and it was late.

I was meant to be staying in Ajanta for the final night of my trip but I cancelled the reservation. When I arrived in Delhi again for my final night before going home, Ajanta's Airport Boy was there waiting for me! When I told him I had cancelled my booking, and the hotel was aware of this as they had responded, he was very rude to me and tried to tell me I HAD to go with him because he had been waiting for me!! These bully boy tactics didn't surprise me... From other reviews I have read it seems that the solo female travelers experience the worst times at Ajanta... And all seem to be put in the deserted building site across the road??..
Hotel Ajanta in New Delhi Aug 01, 2010
Yes it was very nice in the morning when I arrived to Indira Ghandi Airport at Delhi and I remember the air port was not congested as I saw last time, It was all crowded, I think things will not remain the same many villagers are waiting for their family member, I saw around 20-30 people waiting for a single person!!!

Try to allocate my Taxi driver among the entire crowd as per the hotel they promised to send someone to pick me from the port. thanks good I found my name with the board it was first time someone from a hotel to pick me, this was good sing from the hotel and I start feeling good when I came out of the Air port the driver told me that it is early morning and we may get to the hotel faster he was very good an start explaining about the city and the location of the hotel.

after around 1 hour we arrived at Ajanta Hotel passing by Connaught palace, New Delhi Railway station and Bhargang this is all in down town, it is full of crowd no way you can pass easily specially when you are driving, I got to the hotel, the first thing they took to an office where an old woman explain to you and complete your admission to the room and after that the possible tour you have to make and this while u are totally tired.

they took to a room with A/c no window and the toilette inside the room I felt Like I am going to get suffocated , I asked him to get me out and I went back to the reception Asked them to change my room to an open air filtration room , and within one hour I got the new room , it was nice room with A/c and TV and big window which open to the houses of the local people , no relation between the hotel and the view from the window , you see houses of local people is not something that reflect good.

the bed are ok and I had nice sleep , the TV with mostly Indian channels , the room Service not that very good , there is movement all the time outside the room people moving things and the workers with loud voices .

one of the good things in this hotel the restaurant even some people from other hotel come to eat in this restaurant , me and two couples from France decided to spend some time in the trace after short time we decided to get down to the rooms because of the workers were sleeping in the trace.

In general it was an average hotel , and for me I would prefer to go for a better view and location than this location.

It is strange to see no one care in the hotel for the arrival fo the travelrs no one pay attntion to you and you have to wait till you get the chnace to be served.!!
out side Indiar Ghandi Air port ea…
Indiar Ghandi Airpor , it is the m…
this is my journy on the way to Aj…
martinleo martinleo
Best experience.... Jun 01, 2010
I've been twice to Hotel Ajanta with my spouse. The last time we went there was to celebrate our First wedding anniversary and it was truly one of the best experiences we've had at this place. We reached there on a Saturday morning in March 2010 and stayed on till Sunday noon. The rooms were cozy and unique in the sense that every room or suite is one of its only kinds, from furnishings to the look and feel. I will b back.

Ajanta Hotel Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes
  • Bedding/Pillow Choices
  • Doctor on call

Related Travel Blogs About Ajanta Hotel

The Taste of Old & New Delhi
It's my 27th birthday, there's nowhere to go to find exciting and adventurous place on earth but in India. I thought Taj Mahal would be a great birthday gift, and it is! and it's even more!!! I book…New Delhi... We had breakfast at Hotel Ajanta Resto its very near to the budget hotel we were…
Chegamos à Capital do Rajastão
Acordamos por volta das 04:00, fazemos check-out do Hotel Ajanta e partimos da Estação Ferroviária de New Delhi (NDLS) no Comboio 2015 (Ajmer Shtbdi) em direcção a Jaipur, a 2.ª Cidade do Tr…Hotel Ajanta e partimos da Estação Ferroviária de New Delhi (NDLS) no Comboio 2015 (Ajmer Shtbdi) em direcção…
Arrival into Delhi
Delhi is certainly a culture shock when coming straight from Guildford. We arrived early morning just as everything was kicking off and were instantly offered a ride in a taxi "straight to the hotel …Hotel Ajanta was really nice, just on the outskirts of New Delhi going into Old Dehli. Not having…

Check New Delhi Hotel Deals