Aizuya Inn

Aizuya Inn Rates and Deals

Aizuya Inn Tokyo Reviews

isisprince isisprin…
Aizuya Inn - Affordable private Japanese-style rooms Nov 11, 2013
My first solo trip to Japan was in 2009. I was intending to spend it over Christmas and New Years and was looking for an affordable accommodation which provided private rooms for solo travelers.

I found Aizuya Inn through a local travel forum. The rates were reasonable and affordable especially if you are planning to stay for more than a week.

As the period of my travel to Japan was during the peak period season, I booked my stay about 5 months in advance. The staff at Aizuya Inn was very fast in replying to my emails and confirming my booking.

The hostel is located in the outskirts of the city area. It takes about 40 minutes from Narita International to the nearest train station, Minami-senju, and about a 6 - 10 minutes walk from Minami-senju station to the hostel.

When you reach the hostel and enter the entryway, you will need to remove your shoes and leave it in the shoe cupboards. Slippers will be provided for you to change into.

Check in was fast despite me reaching early in the morning. You will need to give a 1,000 yen deposit for your room key.

I stayed in a private room on the 3rd floor with shared bathrooms. There are no elevators/lifts in the building so you will need to carry your luggage up a somewhat narrow staircase. The private room for 1 is small (you tend to expect that in Japan). It fits about 3 tatami mats which was comfortable enough for me. My room had a 14" tv (which was a perk since I love browsing through the available Japanese channels & test my knowledge of the language), hooks to hang up my winter coat/clothes, small foldable table, a futon and a buckwheat pillow. The 3rd floor had 3 female toilets and 3 male toilets at the end of the hall with long sinks and mirrors.

The shared shower facilities and pantry/laundromat is located on the ground floor. The facilities are very clean. Soap and shampoo are provided if you did not bring your own, and they actually have a trolley basket full of toiletries that have been left by previous travelers.

You will need 100yen coins on hand when you want to take a shower. The shower runs for 5mins for every 100yen you feed it.

I never really used the pantry or washing machine save for storing some food items in the fridge and I mostly ate out or bought food from the nearby 7-11. There is also a supermarket and McDonalds located behind the train station.

Overall I enjoyed my stay in Aizuya Inn. The place is comfortable, clean and the staffs are very hospitable and friendly. Did I mention that there is free wireless as well? That is always a plus! (^-‘)v
Entrance
Living Room
Zagnut66 says:
Congrats on being featured!
Posted on: Nov 19, 2013
halilee says:
Congrats on your featured review! :D
Posted on: Nov 19, 2013
shazzac shazzac
Aizuya Inn - A hostel but not a dorm Sep 15, 2011
My first visit to Japan was in 2008 and it was a very impromtu one. I googled up and down for the cheapest and best accomodation that I could find. Obviously I am not going to be staying at the usual hotel but an inn this time.

It looks like a store room BUT it has 3 tatami mats which measures 6ft x 9ft. As you can see there's a window and an LCD tv. It also has an air conditioner cum heater installed in each room.

Mattress was the standard Japanese mattress for tatami mats. The pillow has a shape and it feels like it's beanies inside BUT if it's beanies, how can the beanies hold the shape of the pillow? It was shaped to fit a person's head. Weird stuff!

Watching Japanese news at 8.15am. Ok, not that I understand it but..... there was nothing in English that early in the morning. I do notice that they show American movies on a Thursday night (I don't remember if it was on a daily basis but yea). Oh by the way, the tv's 14".

No, the room did not come with the food. The pork with rice (red packet), potato salad (black packet) and Jasmine Tea were all bought from 7-11 which is right at the corner of the inn. The mochi was a freaking RM4 per piece. I only got 3 to try out. Oh yea, they provided this foldable table in the room for food, laptops or whatever you wish to do with it.

More info: Although I had a private room, the bathroom, sinks (for washing your teeth, wash your hands) and shower room are all shared.

There are about 3 male and 3 female toiles on each floor and also 3 male and 3 female shower rooms on the ground floor. Or was it 2 each? I forgot. Oh, it's 100 yen per 5 minutes of running water for the shower. The good thing is that, whenever you turn off the water, the time stops running and when you turn it back on, it will be the same temperature as you have adjusted before and the time continues from when you stopped. And you know what, 5 mins worth of running water is ENOUGH for a good shower. I'm probably wasting litres of water at home being in the shower for 10 mins each time.

They have a kitchen for use too and there's 2 coin washing machines and 2 coin dryers. Again, I forgot how much it was. There's a fridge to store your food, don't forget to use the marker pen by the fridge to write your name on your food just incase.

The inn was extremely clean (room, toilets & showers) included. However, I was there during winter and it's low season. I hope it stays that way throughout the year.

Oh, and it's about 8 mins walk from the Minami-Senju metro station.

Aizuya Inn Overview

A Home away from Home, Aizuya Inn is a haven of tranquility in one of the most exciting and fast paced city in the world. Situated in the heart of San'Ya, Old Tokyo, with Asakusa, Ueno, Yanaka, Akihabara close by. With convenient access from Narita, Shinjuku, Ginza, Roppongi and Yokohama. Aizuya Inn combines high practicality for your business and sightseeing with a reasonable price. We are honored to welcome you as our important guest.

Aizuya Inn Amenities

• Hair Dryer
  • TV
  • Bicycle Rental
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Games Available