Aitutaki Scuba (Neil Mitchell)

PO Box 40, Aitutaki, Cook Islands

Aitutaki Scuba (Neil Mitchell) Reviews

JohnH JohnH
Awesome Dives Sep 11, 2011
We did 2 dives with Aitutaki Scuba in late August 2011, after Bubbles Below dive operator failed to turn up to our confirmed email dive bookings we had made with them a few weeks before. The divemaster was Dawn, son-in-law of owner Neil and he looked after my relatively inexperienced partner extremely professionally so she had a great dive. We dived the Rapae wall, which was absolutely awe-inspiring - disappearing down into the depths even with 50m+ vis. Second dive was even better - beautiful sea-life and corals, topped of with the sightings of 6 turtles and two huge majestic mantas. My advice: book with Neil at Aitutaki Scuba - ignore Bubbles Below - they won't turn up!
JohnH JohnH
Awesome Sep 11, 2011
After Bubbles Below dive had failed to turn up to a dive booked and confirmed via email, we went on a 2 tank dive with Aitutaki Scuba. Owner Neil's son-in-law Dawn was dive master, and he looked after my relatively inexperienced partner very well so she had a great dive too. We dived off Rapae wall which was an absolutely awesome drop-off, made all the better by the 50-60m vis. On the next dive a km or so north we not only saw some awesome fish-life and coral, but also saw about 6 turtles, and a couple of huge majestic manta rays. Fantastic and well run dive - thanks guys. Don't use Bubbles Below - they won't turn up for the booking. Aitutaki Scuba are the guys to use
alexchan alexchan
Diving in Aitutaki Aug 06, 2010
The first dive was at Rapae Wall was alright. We saw a turtle float past ... then another one which had been resting amongst the rock got up and took off. We also went down 28m into a canyon but there wasn’t much to see.

My dive was cut short a little as I was under-weighted ... I floated to the surface and the dive master didn’t have a spare weight for me. It was a bit dangerous being at the top while still far from the boat as there could have been other boats around and I didn’t have a fluorescent balloon handy.

The second dive at the Main Passage had a great start ... the water was crystal clear and there was a nice collection of small colourful fish (I’m not great with names) and plenty of Unicorn fish. Through the dive we saw a very large Napoleon Wrasse, a big Puffer fish and an Eagle Ray. For some of the time we were too far/high from the bottom/wall to see much. There were times when the water was less than crystal clear with some suspension. It was definitely the better of the two dives.

It may be a bit unfair to base my conclusion on these two dives ... I’ve seen better diving up in Malaysia and Indonesia in terms of marine life. Also, things here are a bit “easygoing” for the money you pay ... but this is typical of the Pacific Islands (eg. food, accommodation).

Check Aitutaki Hotel Deals