Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa Rates and Deals
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa Reviews
Needs work Jun 25, 2011
- The location is on the best part of the lagoon on Aitutaki - O'tou Beach. The water here is fabulously clear, there is no excess seaweed and there's several motus (small islands) to explore.
- They provide free snorkel and beach gear, including canoes and paddles.
- The service is haphazard; you can never get the same answer twice out of the staff, and they seem to never talk to one another;
- The bathrooms are tiny! For such an expensive resort I expect more than to be showering in a tiny tin box with a flimsy curtain; its definitely not a 5 star shower in the slightest
- The general structure of the room is poor and needs updating; they had old TVs and insects were able to come through the screens and door jams quite easily!
- The on site main restaurant where breakfast is served was very poor; I asked for a well done steak and it came out bloody.
- They don't have any restaurants that serve local food; they only have one 'local' performance night where they put on a show and cook food in the traditional manner. this was quite expensive.
- The location: I know I put this in both the good and bad, but people should be aware the resort is located on a little 'island' off the main island. It is no more than 15-20 metres across but there is no bridge, just this barge that brings you across. Its very quaint at first, but it means you really can't stay out late or you have to ring a bell and wait for a staff member to wake up to bring you back across.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa Overview
Resting on its own private island encircled by pristine champagne-sand beaches, this is the only resort directly on the expanse of famous Aitutaki Lagoon, and enjoys breathtaking lagoon views. This all-bungalow resort also features the Cook Islands' only Overwater bungalows, a quintessentially Polynesian experience complete with thatched roof, pandanus-lined walls, beautiful appointments and delightful open air shower. For the ultimate romantic getaway there is the Royal Honeymoon Pool Villa with four pavilions; master bedroom, day bedroom, dining and spa, set in its own private gardens. Laze in a beach hammock, slip into the luminous lagoon, ease into a soothing massage or facial at SpaPolynesia, then relax with a sunset cocktail at the Flying Boat Beach Bar & Grill and gaze out together across the magnificent lagoon as the moon and stars come out for the evening. This is the ultimate romantic hideaway in the heart of the South Seas. SpaPolynesia SPA Therapy, SpaPolynesia is the ultimate South Seas indulgence and is the perfect way to ease into island time! Professionally-qualified beauty therapists, Full range of Aromatherapy Massage, Body Wraps, Facials, Manicures, Pedicures, tropical Pamper Package and hydrotherapies, Sauna and Jacuzzi. The various amenities provided are airport transfer, baby sitting service, banquet facilities, bar, concierge, conference facilities, currency exchange, doctor on call, gift shop, high speed internet access, laundry service, lobby, non smoking rooms, parking facilities-at cost, reception, restaurant, room service, safe deposit box, spa services(massage, facial, steam room etc.), outdoor swimming pool, table tennis and tour desk.
Aitutaki Lagoon Resort & Spa Amenities