Airport taxis

Bangkok, Thailand

Airport taxis Bangkok Reviews

swhayden swhayden
Airport Express Buses from Suvarnabhumi Airport Jan 06, 2008
The Airport Express buses at Suvarnabhumi International Airport (pronounced Sawannapoom)are a cheap and convenient way to get to your hotel from the airport without having to take a costly taxi or a complicated city bus. A ticket costs only 150 baht ($5 US).

With four diferent bus routes chances are good that your hotel could be close to the bus line. Here is a list of the four lines.

AE1: Surawaong and Silom Road

AE2: Khao San Road

AE3: Sukhumvit Road

AE4: Hua Lamphong Railway Station

To find the buses go to the lower level (below the baggage claim area) and go to the furthest end of the building (left as you are looking out the windows) and look for the Airport Express desk.

When you check in they ask you where you are going and then give the list to the driver so he will stop and tell you where to get off the bus. The buses are never crowded and the storage racks inside the bus are easy to get your bags into or out of. The buses run from 5 AM till midnight.

The buses take the highway till they get closer to the city and then take the busy city streets to drop off passengers so if you are further down the line expect a bit of city traffic but take that as a way to see a little more of the city and the ride will become more enjoyable. The typical taxi ride might be 35 minutes long while the bus may take 45 to 50 minutes.

For more info about the airport and the Airport Express bus line check out the Thaiways website at:

free08 says:
This is so helpful, thank you.
Posted on: Feb 06, 2009
iolakana iolakana
Sep 22, 2006
The new airport in Bangkok has made gettting a meter taxi much easier. Walk all the way downstairs to the taxi queue and wait in line for the metered taxis. On your way downstairs there are many touts asking to take you in their taxis- don't listen to them.

On average (with the mandatory 50 baht airport fee) a taxi from the airport to the middle of town will cost between 200-300 baht. (5-9 US dollars).

Also, if you want, the taxis in the queue can take you anywhere in the country- there is a posted list with fixed prices to other provinces. Once I missed the last bus back to my village and I took a taxi from the airport- 2500 baht, 3 hours. It was pricey for me but it was hella fast and I needed to be home by morning.
ferryh says:
Wow sounds easy, hope i can take the taxi meter to Kho San Road :)
Greets
Fer
Posted on: Aug 11, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Airport taxis

Thailand - Common Prices
Here is a list of some prices I paid while in Thailand. I can't say if they are good, bad, or normal though since everyone usually gets different results. All I can say is we did haggle and I believe…Airport to Night Market Area = 100 baht Taxi - Bangkok Airport to Khao San Road = 400 baht (including highway tolls of 70 baht…
Travel blog so far
January 03 2007     Oliver. You’re late! Carl barked at me. We had scheduled a meeting to run through the current situation on the recruitment sales pipeline.  I checked my watch…Bangkok . From there, I would head to Auckland in New Zealand for some extreme sports (extreme Ironing anyone?) flowed by the cook Islands and Fiji finally heading to Australia…
Dan, Ben and Steves tour of South East Asia 2002
Wednesday 3rd April 2002 After 10 uncomfortable hours on lufthansa’s finest 747 we landed at Hong Kong’s Chek lap kok airport at about 7am, unfortunately we’d had seats in the middle row so di…airport had been air conditioned and we could feel the humidity as soon as we stepped out to the bus stop. We got on the bus which thankfully…

Check Bangkok Hotel Deals