Airport taxi service

Lisbon, Portugal

Airport taxi service Lisbon Reviews

minerva3333 minerva3…
BEWARE: Lisbon Airport Taxi transfers Jul 24, 2008
I had heard that the taxis at the Lisbon airport often overcharged customers (particularly tourists). Apparently, it is common practice not to use the meter when airport transfers are involved. For instance, several people I talked to had paid anywhere from 8-17 Euros for a transfer from the airport to a city hotel. I was told by a friend to plan for no more than 10 Euros per journey, with a possible 1-3 Euro add-on for night trips.

With this in mind, the airport does sell a prepaid journey ticket for 16 Euros. However, this was still much more than most of the people I talked to paid, so it is doubtful that it will save you any money(see website for info Your best bet is to talk to the driver before beginning your trip to determine what the price will be and then to decide whether you want to try another cab.

Also, I have heard from other people to try walking over to the departures gates rather than arrivals to try to save some money.
anammrc says:
the taxis should use the taximeter, if not call the police.
from the airport I always take the taxi from the departures. I live very close to the airport for the taxis from the arrivals... the don't like 4 euros plus +/- 1,5 euros for the lugagge trip.
but since last year (2012) the subway goes right to the airport, which is great!
Posted on: Mar 14, 2013
marksreynolds says:
We missed a flight to Baltimore Maryland USA once and had to fly into Washington D.C. The taxi wanted $100 to take us home in Annapolis! We just rented a car for $38 and returned it in Baltimore, which is where we had to get our luggage anyway :) Good advice, watch out for the taxis any where you are!
Posted on: Aug 11, 2008