Airport shuttle from and to Istanbul airport

Istanbul International Airport, Istanbul, Turkey

Airport shuttle from and to Istanbul airport Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Some good some bad Oct 03, 2008
It was my first time in Istanbul and we landed shortly before 11 pm and on top of this my girlfriend was getting really sick with the flue. I was not that well prepared regarding this short stay, which is something that I can live with if I travel alone but when your girlfriend is getting sick, it is another thing. She had been thinking about staying home but decided in last minute to come along.

Getting out of the arrival area in the airport it was like in many other places. We were met by the local taxi hustlers trying to make an easy buck out of a naive tourist. I let them be and went to withdraw some cash from an ATM in the arrival area, not even knowing the exchange rate.

Just next to the ATM there was a car rental agency that arrange drop off and pick up trips from the airport to the hotel and back again the day you would need it. To us that sounded like a good idea especially because our return flight was really early in the morning.

The service worked fine both ways, but we had to wait way too long before a shuttle was taking us to the hotel because they kept on filling more people into the shuttle. This was really irritating because it was quite late. My best guess is that we waited 45 minutes and at that point of day it was way too much - even for me.

Later I also found out that we actually had paid too much compared to if we had managed to take a honest taxi driver, which also can be a rare thing in Istanbul Airport. The only good thing was that we didn’t have to worry about the pick up at the hotel in the morning of our return and there they came on time.
The shuttle
Chokk says:
That is very true Mehmet - I would have done so if I had been better prepared
Posted on: Feb 28, 2013
dieforu says:
Taxi drivers that dont belong to companies is headache Christian thats for sure,they have to be belongeg to companies that they write they number on the side fo the door,and also if u make a saty in hotels,several of them have shuttle services for free;)
Posted on: Feb 28, 2013
christine4321 says:
it is good that people post a review of things like this that have poor service at inflated prices!
Posted on: Feb 27, 2013

Related Travel Blogs About Airport shuttle from and to Istanbul airport

My 20 day Eastern Europe, Danube River cruise & Turkey adventure-2010
My Eastern European & Turkey adventure from April 8-27, 2010 included 4 days & 3 nights in Budapest, Hungary, followed by a 7 night AMA Waterways Danube River ship cruise on the beautiful Ama…Istanbul, New York, Tampa, and home) A 7 a.m. wake-up turned into a great complimentary breakfast and then another shuttle ride to the airport

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals