Airport in San Juan Puerto Rico - Luis Muñoz Marin (SJU)

Carolina, Puerto Rico
www.prpa.gobierno.pr - (787) 791 4670
Airport in San Juan Puerto Rico - Luis Muñoz Marin (SJU) - map of SJU terminals
Airport in San Juan Puerto Rico - Luis Muñoz Marin (SJU) - map of SJU terminals
Airport in San Juan Puerto Rico - Luis Muñoz Marin (SJU) - arriving to San Juan

Airport in San Juan Puerto Rico - Luis Muñoz Marin (SJU) Carolina Reviews

HuBison HuBison
Cab drivers are thieves! May 09, 2010
When you exit San Juan airport, don't look for sedans or yellow cabs; the cabs are mostly large white vans. Even if there's only 2 people in your party, it'll be you, your friend and the driver.

Know where you are going as many hotel areas (such as Isla Verde) have a flat rate to get to. Our flat rate was $10-$12 for 2 people and 2 peices of luggage. The driver told us it would be $14 and when I gave him a $20, he only gave me back $5. I have a problem with you keeping my money, even if it's only a dollar. Give me all my change back and then I will decided if I want to tip you for driving us a mile and a half!

Other places, they should be running the meter. But don't be afraid to ask for a price upfront. There are lots of cabs and if you don't give one your business, it's pretty easy to give it to someone else. If you're somewhere unsavory looking, hop in the cab and pay the fare-no price on safety!

I had a friend who was stationed out there and she always had to tell the cab driver that she lived there and that she wasn't a tourist in order to get a good price-awful, isn't it!
yadilitta yadilitta
International airport in San Juan area, Puerto Rico - SJU Feb 08, 2009
Usually when you arrive from the States to Puerto Rico, you will arrive to the SJU airport, which is near San Juan, but it's located in Carolina.

This airport isn't big, which makes things easier. Since Puerto Rico is part of the USA - for some things like this - if you clear customs in the USA, you don't have to do it here. It'd be like a domestic flight inside the country.

The baggage claim area is in the lower level and once you collect your luggage, keep on walking to the doors.

Outside the airport there are some restaurants like Wendy's, Buffalo Wings, etc. So, if you don't want to stay at the airport and eat there, just cross the street and find more options.

One of the things I like the most here is that you get a really nice view of San Juan and the bay when you are about landing.
arriving to San Juan