Airport in New Orleans - Louis Arsmstrong (MSY)

900 Airline Drive, Kenner, LA, USA
www.flymsy.com - (504) 464-0831
Airport in New Orleans - Louis Arsmstrong (MSY) - terminal map
Airport in New Orleans - Louis Arsmstrong (MSY) - the lobby

Airport in New Orleans - Louis Arsmstrong (MSY) Kenner Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
We are jazzed you are here - Louis Armstrong NOLA International Airport (MSY) Dec 27, 2008
I have been several times at this airport and consider I know this airport quite well. Plus I have to say that I really like it. It’s not so big, but not too small either. I’ve arrived at night and also during the morning, leaving in the morning, noon or afternoon. And always had a good experience here.

I never had a long layover here, so I don’t know if they have interesting things to do inside. The 2 times I had to stay long I was busy claiming for my tax refund or chatting with a friend.

Ok, some facts about this airport:

-As I have already said, this is not a big airport to Customs and Security are really easy and fast.

-Louisiana offers a Tax Free policy and here you can find claim your taxes at the Tax Free Counter, which is open daily from 7am-6pm. They will need to make photocopies of your passport and if there’s a line, it could take a bit long. So be sure to have enough time for your flight.

-After going through security, there are not many shops and the restaurants are not the best. So if you want to have some Cajun food, do it before security. There’s an Acme Oyster’s there.

-People who are waiting for you can meet you before claiming your bags, which doesn’t happen in Lima for example.

-I found people working here very helpful.

-They also have a baggage storage on the lower level.

-Southwest airlines flies here, so you might be able to find a cheap ticket with them.

-And well you are in New Orleans, so the music you will listen as background might be Jazz!

I think they are right when they say: We are jazzed you are here! At least I feel this way ;)
the lobby