Airport Bonaire - Flamingo Airport (BON)

Plasa Medardo S.V. Thielman #1, Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles - (+599) 717 - 5600

Airport Bonaire - Flamingo Airport (BON) Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Airport in Bonaire - Flamingo Airport (BON) Jun 09, 2006
I was in this airport just very briefly. It was during my flight to Amsterdam. They didn’t have a direct flight from LIM – AMS, back then. So we had to make a quick stop here. It was short, not enough time to go out and explore the island, but enough to stretch our legs and get ready for the other ½ of the flight.

Basically this airport is visited by people who are going to the nearby islands like Curaçao, Aruba and St. Maarten. And of course divers from the all over the world.

I found it sort of funny a pink airport, so sweet! This airport is small. Just 1 terminal is enough. After security you’ll find not many shops, just 2 and one was the duty free. There was just 1 cafeteria. And that was it.

Oh! One tip, they charge airport taxes as following:

If your final destination is Curaçao, St. Maarten, St. Eustatius, Saba or Aruba: US$ 7,00 with 50 % discount for residents from 2-12 years and 60 years or older.

For all other destinations: US$ 34,00 total

In both cases, children under 2 years old don’t have to pay the airport tax.

The airport tax office works from 5am-9pm.

Things I can advise you are: be ready for the heat. It was incredibly hot! I remember that once we went inside the terminal, they gave us some cards just to know who is coming back to the plane. The other thing I remember very clear is that the staff was really friendly.
map of the small airport
yes,it's pink!