Airlines

London, England

Airlines London Reviews

Stigen Stigen
Thomson airlines Mar 01, 2011
No doubt the worst intercontinental flight I have been on ( and there`s been quite a few over the years).. To be honest it was actually worse then many domestic flights I`ve been on!

I try to keep my expectations low when going with airlines I haven`t travelled with before, but Thomson just hit a new low for me. .

The seats aren`t very comfy at all, and they`ve got the most annoying unwanted headrests at the top. .

The screens for the entertainment are smaller then regular ones , and pretty much useless. They work in the same way as such screens would do in the middle of the nineties. You can choose movies and stuff, but not where to start. So when you choose a movie you`ll start watching at wherever it is at current , maybe 20 minutes into the movie , or 10 minutes from the end. And there is no indication either as to how far along the movie is , so you `won`t really have a clue when it will start running again. Then to actually get the choice of rewinding or forwarding you will need to pay 5£ !

I cannot believe that they have the nerve to charge for such a simple service when we`ve already paid 600£ for the flight. I have never experienced anything like this before.

Another thing which is significantly worse is that we were not offered any water or anything to drink on the 10 hour flight !

They charged for everything , even a coffee or tea cost quite a bit.

Every domestic flight in Norway I have ever taken I have been offered coffe and tea , often several times in the 30 minute flight. Also they will happily provide you with water (free of course!) whenever you need it.

We got our mandatory “free” meal after a few hours, but there was nothing to drink with it !

Usually you`ll get a cup of water or juice , but not on Thomson flight ,ooohhh noo!

So the fact is that if you were unlucky enough to leave your wallet in the luggage you are very likely to faint from dehydration. Flying is an exhausting experience to the body , and it requires several liters of water ideally over a 10 hour flight.

I think it is a severe fault of a travel company to deny people liquids in the purpose of getting them to buy as much as possible from the drinks cart.

Some of the issues I raise with Thomson might seem petty , but it is actually such “petty” things that will “make or break” the comfort level of your flight.

The pre flight service was nothing to write home about either. We found some flights for 350£ to Dominican republic , and wanted to book them after I had checked with my boss that I could leave work earlier then agreed. Of course the day after the cheap tickets were all gone….these tickets had been there for weeks so I didn’t think one day would make much difference , but as always it does..

After calling multiple Thomson agents it was clear that the tickets were forever gone , so we had to bite the dust and get some tickets at a significantly higher price(550£) and pay the extortionate 40£ luggage fee !

Then right after doing that I get an E-mail from another Thomson representative saying that there are many tickets left at the cheap price still ! Great , both the internet and 2 different operators had failed to find these for us!.

The reason for making this review is simply to make you aware of what to expect if you ever fly with these guys , so you won`t have the same shock as I have. Also I would add that the next time I will need a flight I will go out of my way to avoid Thomson, Thomas Cook or First Choice. IF they are the only ones offering flights to my destination of choice , then sure I will book the ticket still, but I would be flexible with both prices and dates to find alternative companies to travel with.
Thomson
tinni says:
Yah, thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Mar 06, 2011
Stigen says:
No it was`nt the best really....but at least they got us there in one pice...stay positive..
Posted on: Mar 04, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Airlines

Gibraltar
Flight: Austin (AUS) to Chicago (ORD), American AirlinesFlight: Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR), American AirlinesFlight: London (LHR) to Malaga (AGP), British Airways It's been a hectic few days. I'm…Airlines Flight: Chicago (ORD) to London (LHR), American Airlines Flight: London (LHR) to Malaga (AGP), British Airways It's been…
Houston to Lahore
Aug 6, 2011Flight: Houston (IAH) to Dallas (DFW), American Airlines, M80, EconomyFlight: Dallas (DFW) to London (LHR), American Airlines, 777, EconomyAug 7, 2011Flight: London (LHR) to Bahrain (BAH),…Airlines, M80, Economy Flight: Dallas (DFW) to London (LHR), American Airlines, 777, Economy Aug 7, 2011 Flight: London (LHR) to Bahrain…
London Again
Arrived London Heathrow Airport right on time. The service on the flight was excellent and i have no qualms about flying with Sri Lanka Airlines again. The British immigration officers did asked me w…airlines to get to London instead of Malaysian Airlines. As I told her the reason and she smiled and then…

Check London Hotel Deals