Airline: Singapore Airlines

Auckland, New Zealand

Airline: Singapore Airlines Auckland Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Sep 30, 2006
I had a really bad start to the trip.  I was amongst the first to board the aircraft as I was seated at the rear.  It was roasting inside ... after a couple of apologies by cabin crew, the Captain came over the PA to apologise for the heat as he had turned off one of the air-conditioning units.  I probably would have been more understanding if there had been a malfunction but this sounded like he was trying to save fuel.

A bad headache soon came on.  Then to add insult to injury, the cabin crew distributed hot towels.  They didn't think of doing cold towels in consideration of the situation.

The crew were extremely smiley and obliging through the flight.  They did two rounds of pre-lunch drinks ... meaning that the meal service didn't start until two hours into the flight.  Then they did another two rounds of drinks before resting ... very impressive.

Meals were so-so.  The on-screen news clips (supposedly updated by satellite) were a week old ... and so was the weather forecast.

bernard69 says:
I sympathize Alex:)
SIA is a reliable and great company in spite of the average food in economy class!
Last October,I missed my home flight(coz my broken English) in Apia Samoa and couldn't cancel my 3 following Singapore flights.
In Auckland ,the day later,at their office,I got for free 3X2 new home flights!!!!u cant get that with the unreliable Air France-Klm,Alitalia...
Posted on: Feb 16, 2009
lacreme says:
Hello Alex,

Greetings from Singapore. I'm a crew with Singapore Airlines and allow me to comment a little.

Sad to say, when it comes to the air-conditioning when the aircraft is still on ground, we still have no solution (if it's a B747-400) since it's not powered by the aircraft, rather the external sources.

Hot towels, yes, wrong move especially when we're all perspiring. But it's the procedure. Nevertheless, do feel free to feedback to the company if you must in order to change the procedure. I do agree that when it comes to summer, hot towels may not be a good idea.

Usually, we do one round of drinks. But then again, if the demand is high, we continue with another round. I apologize on my airlines' behalf to make you wait.

We always try to accommodate to every passengers' need within our means as we are trained to do so.

I do hope that you'll travel with us again and sorry for the lapses that had happened.

Posted on: Dec 08, 2006

Related Travel Blogs About Airline: Singapore Airlines

Unattended stopover!
We missed the first of our 4 home flights in Apia Samoa! All the TravBuddies will laugh:our flight in Apia  was at 1245 am,we went to the Airport at 1000:our flight was gone si…Singapore Airlines flights!! I go to Air New Zealand office in Apia Samoa and buy 2 tickets to Auckland

Check Auckland Hotel Deals