Airline: Emirates

Airline: Emirates Auckland Reviews

alexchan alexchan
Feb 10, 2007
AUCKLAND - BRISBANE - SINGAPORE

The Boeing 777 rolled slowly down the runway ... isn't it supposed to run down the runway? Then it veered off the runway and I had visions of being stuck in Auckland for hours while the aircraft was being repaired. Fortunately, it was only a change of wind in Auckland's fickle weather that necessitated a complete change in direction for the take-off.

FOOD: Emirates is a great airline when it comes to food, both in terms of quality and quantity. On my flight from Auckland-Brisbane-Singapore, both main meals tasted fresh and delicious. They take pride in what they call their "7 course dinner" in Economy Class ... and that is two whole courses more than some of their competitors. A "course" includes the bread roll, after dinner chocolates and coffee/tea. Their optional snacks prior to landing into Singapore were good too ... tasty kebab roll-ups and fruit/chocolate.

Their Auckland caterers need to pull their socks up though. The pack containing napkin and salt/pepper was missing from most people's tray around me. Also, the decoration on the dessert (as per the menu) was missing ... "decorated with a dark chocolate scroll and mint leaf".

CREW: I'm a bit indifferent about their crew ... who are at times indifferent about the passengers. Some were abrupt and didn't seem to care. No one gave out immigration forms for the landing into Singapore ... when asked, it finally came a couple of minutes before the landing (when the tables had to be stowed). I really didn't feel like filling these in after landing at 1:30am ... when I could have had plenty of time to do it inflight. Admittedly you could have counted the number of people disembarking in Singapore as most were bound for Dubai with connections even further afield.

SEATING: Emirates sticks 10 seats across their B777 Economy Class compared to 9 across on most airlines. Yes, a true blue cattle class. After 11 hours in that I was pleased to get off in Singapore ... except that in their menu, I read that the meal from Singapore onward to Dubai consisted of Roti Jala, Chicken Curry and Sayur Lodeh ... most Malaysians would be tempted to stay on for that ... me included.

Related Travel Blogs About Airline: Emirates

Kia Ora Aotearoa!
I think I was 15 years old when I saw on CNN travel an episode about New Zealand. The diversity of this country made a huge impression on me and I was determined to visit New Zealand. Well, here I am…Auckland was great. The Emirates is really a great airline company, one of the best services, facilities I had on an airplane…

Check Auckland Hotel Deals