Airbourne and Special Operations Museum

100 Bragg Boulevard, Fayetteville, NC, USA

Airbourne and Special Operations Museum Fayetteville Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Feb 08, 2008
The Airborne & Special Operations Museum is located next to the train station in Fayetteville not far off I 95. There is no admission charge. However, if you are interested in going on one of the simulators there is a fee for that, but I'm not sure how much it was.

My friend and I enjoyed the museum a lot. The displays of famous moments in history or special vehicles, planes, helicopters, etc. were but up with such love for detail. At one point we thought that an old man sitting on a bench was part of the display, but he turned out to be snoring so I guess he was real. ;-)

Some of the exhibits have interesting sound effects to make it more realistic for visitors to what it must be like jumping out of an airplane or riding in a tank. There's even TV screens with original news footage or little documentaries to watch. You can also get an audio tour if you are very interested in the subject. My friend that loves everything military really enjoyed this place and I was very impressed myself. Worth checking out!
One of the displays at the museum
missandrea81 says:
I completely agree :)
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
josh_foster22 says:
The spec ops museam is a must for anyone traveling in the area! Really gives a behind the scenes outlook on what our unsung heros do on a day to day basis
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011