Airboating with Captain Lonnie

407-568-6152

Airboating with Captain Lonnie Orlando Reviews

mtkaszup mtkaszup
Jan 12, 2008
Growing up in Pennsylvania, I had never been airboating. So when my family came to visit me in Orlando it was the first time for all of us. Flying around on Captain Lonnie's custom built boat with a 502 engine was fabulous fun. Now, I have no idea what a 502 engine is, but my brother-in-law who is very much into engines was so impressed he posed for a pic with this engine that was told to have blown a line backer from Flordia State clear off his feet, throwing him back a good distance (he had made a bet he could stay on his feet with the engine at full throttle - he lost).

We went out on St. Johns River seeing along the way all kinds of Florida wild life from grazing cows (yes, cows) to gators and birds of all kinds. Captain Lonnie tells stories along the way about things he has seen since he started navigating the area by boat when he was just 14. He speeds you over water and land making stops along the way for photo ops and a chance to pick the bugs out of your teeth :)

Costs about $40 a person for 2 hours, boat holds up to six people not including Captain Lonnie, and you need to call at least the day before to make a reservation. Assuming his number is still the same, it is 407-568-6152. I do not recommend this for grandama, although I'm sure Captain Lonnie would be willing to accomadate you with a less adventurous ride at your request.
Chris posing with the 502