Hannover Airport, Hannover, Germany

Airberlin Hannover Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Great low cost carrier Mar 04, 2011
Hannover – Malaga (AB 3096)

It was my first flight ever with Airberlin and I was heading for Malaga from Hannover Airport. I had bought the tickets some months earlier and I found the price quite attractive. Air Berlin had this Friday two flights to Malaga; one was direct and the other was an early morning flight via Mallorca. I went for the direct flight that was planned to leave at 3.10 pm. I had already requested a window seat and I was hoping that the plane was not full.

I had made the check-in on the internet so I only needed check-in my luggage which went quite easy; there was no control of your hand luggage as some of the carriers have. The plane was not completely full so I managed to get a seat where nobody was sitting next to me.

The seats were quite good and there was good room for my legs; the service was really swift and with a great smile all the time. The even gave us free soft drinks and a sandwich which was a surprise to me; the turkey sandwich was even okay.

It was not the last time I fly with the Airberlin; it was truly a pleasant surprise.
sarahsan says:
Nice review! Have never tried them, but certainly will.
Posted on: Mar 10, 2011
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Reasonably-priced airline Dec 21, 2010
AirBerlin is the second largest carrier in Germany and operates mainly out of Berlin-Tegel airport and links with many other European city airports. It recently joined the Oneworld group.

I flew with them from London Standstead to Nuremburg and back and found them to be pretty decent, price was reasonable and the sevice was okay. Food was a bit dubious but might be okay if you are a German. Nothing makes them especially stand out from the crowd for me but I have no negatives to give either.

Would happily fly with them again if they went out of anywhere besides London Standsted!

Check Hannover Hotel Deals