Air Asia X and Air Asia

Kuching, Malaysia

Air Asia X and Air Asia Kuching Reviews

bebo303 bebo303
Great airline Jun 18, 2011
Air Asia it is wonderful airline the new way of operating is making traveling enjoyable and easy

I did travel few times so far withe the carrier and had no problems or delays so far if you on time and every one on time ...... Well the aircraft will leave on time, the service on Bord is good but try to buy

Your meal online Brier your departure you will get what you want and cheap.
ratu ratu
Really Good Feb 02, 2010
This Malaysian company have a really good deals and also a Flight to London for a really good price

I have been Flight many times with Air asia:

BKK-DPS-BKK

BKK-CNX-BKK

They have new planes, pretty flight attendants and paid food and beberages, you can't complain so much because their rates use to be really good. When I need to move arround SEASIA this is thge first low cost company that I check
alexchan alexchan
Air Asia X and Air Asia Oct 07, 2009
Air Asia X and Air Asia (Perth to Kuala Lumpur to Kuching)

It was an early departure to Kuala Lumpur at 6:50am on Air Asia X (the longhaul sister to the famous budget airline Air Asia). So we woke after 4am, assisted by our body clocks still on Auckland time.

The five and a half hour flight was fine with two of us sharing three seats. The seating is very compressed on the particular aircraft with 9 seats across instead of the normal 8. It is quite ironical that their shorthaul narrowbody aircraft are more spacious!

But it boils down to the price ... for AUD23 (and the medium-haul duration) I wouldn’t complain even if it was full. However, I’m not looking forward to flying them for 8+ hours from Melbourne to KL next year ... I paid a similar price even though it was a much longer flight.

The onboard meals on this leg (and our domestic one which followed) were excellent but a bit pricey by Malaysian standard.

We had a four hour transit in Kuala Lumpur for Kuching. Some silly people allowed themselves one hour and missed their flights ... necessitating new tickets as like most budget airlines, you’re responsible for your own connections.

In retrospect we could have allowed just three hours but it would have been dicey if our first leg from Perth to KL suffered a delay. The wait would have been OK had the free airport wifi was working ... it normally works like a charm.

As it turned out, our second flight from KL to Kuching had a 20 minute delay when the tyre needed changing. Twas quite a sight seeing 10 engineers crowded around the starboard landing gear!

We arrived into a very wet Kuching. The crew opted to let everyone off the aft door ... necessitating a longer walk into the terminal (with umbrellas). We thought the door or slide may have malfunctioned but upon enquiry, they were just being cautious ... they didn’t want to risk the high-tech control panel (door status, lights, temperature etc) by the front door to get wet. I’ll bring them a plastic sheet to tape over the panel for the next flight.

Overall, it is easy to see why Air Asia nearly has a cult-following ... excellent prices (if you book early), good website, yummy food, usually good staff and crew, and from my numerous experience punctual departures.
While on transit at KL Internation…

Check Kuching Hotel Deals