Agustiner Braustuben

Landsberger Stra├če 19, Munich, Germany

Agustiner Braustuben Munich Reviews

postaltiburon postalti…
Typical Bavarian Tourist Trap Apr 07, 2007
For dinner, we headed to one of the Agustiner restaurants. Agustiner beer comes from Munich's oldest brewery, dating back to 1294, so there is lots of history in the beer and the brewery.

We started the meal with Bavarian soft pretzels that were delivered to us in a small wooden bucket. Here in the US, when something is put on your table without ordering it, it means that it is complimentary. That was not the case here. The restaurant tried to charge us 70 cent for each pretzel consumed. What do they do with the leftover pretzels? Do they deliver them to another table later after they've been spending time on our table? This was my first experience with charging money for food not ordered in Europe, but certainly not the last. It happend to me in Portugal the very next month, but I was smarter that time. That's for another review, anyway.

The rest of the meal was ok. I had a noodle and onion soup for appetizer and then beef and potoatoes for dinner. I enjoyed the soup and the traditional Bavarian atmosphere, but I did not enjoy my eating experience here. If you want to go to a Bavarian beer garden in Munich, I'd go somewhere else.

Check Munich Hotel Deals