Agua Canyon

Bryce Canyon National Park, United States

Agua Canyon Bryce Canyon National Park Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Is the Rabbit a 'Backpacker'? or a Thumb? Aug 26, 2010
Another stop along the scenic auto drive on Bryce canyon is the Agua Canyon. Agua Canyon is comprised of two prominent hoodoos which spring out from the ground like giant mushrooms. They are outstanding!. On the left, is the taller of the two towers also known as "The Hunter." To the right hand side is a hoodoo commonly known as the "Rabbit" I hard some visitors call it the 'backpacker." I did not read much about the different point prior to visiting the National Park. I never do because it takes away from my personal experiences. Upon return from the tour, I researched more about the giant hoodoos and found that many years back a great effort was put in to name many of the more prominent hoodoos within the park. However through the years many of them have fallen due to nature/ climate changes and they look nothing like the formations they were originally named for.

As a result hoodoos are no longer being named and many of the more obscure names are being dropped from newer publications. The backpacker looked more like a thumb to me, in fact it looked more like an unfinished sculpture. You may see something else when you see it. Let me know what you thought.

If you have been there, do shar eyour thoughts. I was swept away.

Compare Bryce Canyon City Hotel Rates (3.9km away)

Agua Canyon Map