Agripas Hotel

Check Jerusalem Hotel Deals

Agripas Hotel Jerusalem Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
quite pricey but ok just for overnight stay Mar 13, 2014
The Agrippa Hotel was referred to us by Abraham Hostel.

This hotel is located near the Jaffa Center so there are plenty of shops, restaurants, ATM machines, money changers, and other important business centers any traveler would need.

We checked in at 11:00 o'clock in the evening and was done in a fast manner. Well, the desk staff that evening is not the extrovert type but a nice person I would say. The following morning is the opposite, two very outgoing and friendly staffs are manning the reception desk. There is no luggage storage but they offered to keep it for us while we explore the sites in West Jerusalem.

And when we came back and waited for our airport transfer the reception staff offered the mezzanine to stay. Although, the space is not really big a wide screen TV set is furnished for guests to enjoy as well as lounging chairs. Hot beverages like coffee or tea are available also.

They do take good care of their guests; offered us help in arranging an airport transfer. Airport transfer is a separate company but we got the discounted fare because ours was booked through Agrippa Hotel. So instead of charging us the standard rate which is 46.00 shekels we only paid 40.00 shekels/person. And we paid our fare directly to the driver. When I handed him our payment he gave me back the 12.00 shekels and this was the time I found out a discounted fare was given to us.

Our room is at the 5th floor, and had a view of rooftops through the window. The medium size room is furnished with 1 queen bed, 2 side tables, 2 table lamps, and a TV set that's mounted on the wall. The way the TV was positioned is quite odd but it was mounted in such way it can be swiveled directly towards the bed.

A wardrobe closet is also available with sufficient hangers. A safety deposit is tucked in the corner inside the wardrobe closet.

I didn't notice if the bed is firm but I know the pillows looks old. Sheet and blankets smelled fresh.

The bathroom is clean and actually, the room as a whole is. I like the wood-flooring. In their brochure ad it says that the bathrooms are just newly remade! And it's true the furnishing are very modern yet the shower area is tiny. The tiny space is compensated however by an adequate supply of hot water in the shower. Toiletries in little dainty containers are neatly lined up. Towels are immaculate white and fluffy!

Breakfast is inclusive in the room rate. The breakfast room was under renovation at that time so we had to walk about 50 meters away to another hotel for breakfast. It was raining that morning so the idea of walking under the rain to have breakfast was not very cherry at all...I hope though that the renovation is finished by now.

The good thing about the breakfast is the wide arrays of foods laid out so invitingly in a buffet style. Even the beverage selection there is not just coffee but also fruit juices, a few kinds of teas, milk and hot cocoa.

We exceeded to our hotel budget but it was worth it and besides it was our last night in Israel anyway. Room rate is US$155.00 -- this to me is very expensive.

So yes, we do recommend it --at least for an 'overnight' stay :)
hotel's facade