Agora

Sepulveda, Barcelona, Spain

Agora Barcelona Reviews

Eric Eric
Oct 17, 2006
During our three week trip through Europe, I think this was easily the best place we ate at. Of course, that might be because every other meal we ate was a doner kebab in an effort to save money, but even without this comparison this place stands on its own.When we first entered the small, welcoming interior of the restaurant, we were a bit worried, because none of us could speak Spanish very well. After fumbling through some words, the owner of the place began speaking to us in perfect English, which, no matter how often it happens whenever I travel, is still quite surprising. I believe the place is run by the owner and his wife, who seemed to be of dutch origin. Both of them were extremely friendly and the service was perfect.We ordered a prix fixe menu, and every course was pretty amazing. The soup was warm but also layered with a cold, creamlike substance. The mixture sounds odd, but the differences in temperature and texture actually produced some pretty amazing taste sensations. I've never had anything quite like it. The bread was also fresh and homemade. They were actually out of bread when we arrived, but they baked a new batch specifically to accomodate us, which was a nice gesture. Definitely check this place out!
thebballkid says:
Nice review Eric. I am looking for a place to take my gf for her bday in Barcelona in a couple weekends and stumbled on to this. I will give it a thought for sure. To Joe Lennon, Barca is only the Soccer Team, not the city Barcelona. You cannot, and probably shouldnt refer to the city as Barca, especially knowing the Catalan temper. :D Not that Joe will ever read this but, oh well. :)
Posted on: Apr 14, 2008
joelennon says:
Will check it out next time I'm in Barca! Thanks for the tip!
Posted on: Apr 13, 2007
kevinw83 says:
The soup was a cream of asparagus with jalapeno (? or pepper) ice cream. It was among the most unique and best tasting soup I've ever had. And remember the bathroom? Fresh cloth towels instead of paper towels. That was so $$$.
Posted on: Apr 04, 2006