Agon Lichtburg

Agon Lichtburg Rates and Deals

Agon Lichtburg Berlin Reviews

belanda1 belanda1
Dissapointed May 07, 2011
I was very enthusiastic about my visit to Berlin and indeed everything went according to my plan except one thing that is not negligible. The hotel we stayed in turned out to be very bad not because it was dirty or something like that but very rude receptionists. In all my travels I've never met such rude reception staff and I have been to a lot of places. I always book my room through a travels agency, pay for it before the trip, get a voucher that I turn it at the reception and never have any issues. It's been like that EVERYWHERE but not this time. Almost everyday 3 receptionists, 2 women and a man past middle age treated us as freeloaders. First we were told we didn't pay for the bed & breakfast arrangement so we had to show them our voucher again to prove we payed for the breakfast and the next day not only we were told we didn't pay for the breakfast but that we didn't pay for our room as well. The insolence of the Mr. Receptionist went to such an extent that after we showed our voucher again, he told us it was just a piece of paper and we would have to pay for the room again. After these incidents we called our agency to intervene and after everything was settled we didn't even get an apology for everything they put us through (this went on for 4 days out of 7 days of our stay). However room maids, breakfast staff and the young lady working at the reception in the afternoons were very kind and lovely, every day we would get a warm greeting and a smile. The rooms are good and clean and I have no complaints about that. I'm not a particularly picky person but I find the staff-guest interaction very important therefore I would not recommend this hotel. I loved the city but I'm not coming back to this hotel ever again.
Annoeska Annoeska
Hotel Agon Lichtburg Apr 27, 2009
I stay in this hotel for 2 nights.

I was together with one friend.

When we see the outside of the hotel we thought first. The rooms look small. This was cause the windows were so close together.

When we enter the hotel the receptionist just spoke to us.

The were painting the hall, so it smells, but it was ok.

When we got our key, we go up with the elevator. I hate elevators, but i don't want to walk up with my suitcase.

The elevator was really small and it looks very old. The sound was creepy. I almost run out of the elevator.

After the elevator, i was really scared to see the room. But the rooms looks very nice.

You can see the room on the pics.

Breakfast was really good. 10 different drinks, some meat, some cheese, a lot of different breads, eggs, apple, cucumber, sausage. And many more.

After a night sleeping in the hotel, we didn't draw up our bed, but when we came back. Everything was very very clean. They draw up the bed and they fold my pyjama.

The key from the room, you need to give to the receptionist every time you leave the hotel. But you get a card. With this card you can get you key back, your room number is on the card.

This is really easy.

The only bad thing was that the receptionist only speak German. (Glad I can speak German)
KeikoCreative says:
I will take note on this, thanks:)
Posted on: May 04, 2009
Eric says:
Thanks for the hotel review!
Posted on: May 01, 2009

Agon Lichtburg Overview

The Agon Lichtburg Hotel places its guests in the midst of some of the best shopping areas in Berlin. Less than a mile from the KaDeWe (Kaufhuse Des Westens) the largest department store in continental Europe, and set on a quiet side street off the Ku’Damm (Kurfürstendamm) area the hotel is also only a short walk from the city center and International Congress Center.

The Argon Lichtburg Hotel is located at LicPaderborner Strasse 10 near the Tegel and Tempelhof Airports.

The hotel’s rooms are divided between double and single accommodations. All are elegantly decorated with luxurious linens and are soundproofed. They provide direct dial telephone service, work desks, television service and safes.

The Agon Lichtburg Hotel strives to provide a peaceful and relaxing environment for those enjoying all that Berlin has to offer. It serves a large breakfast buffet each morning, and has a relaxing bar and lounge where a quiet drink can be enjoyed before a night on the town. There is 24-hour front desk assistance, free daily newspapers, a television and reading room, and business service center.

Agon Lichtburg Amenities

• Direct dial phone
  • Ticket Service
  • Facsimile
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels