Agnes Water

Agnes Water, Australia

Agnes Water Reviews

jespermelin5 jesperme…
Agnes Waters Beach Escape Oct 16, 2013
After a huge long week of work I decided an escape was in order. I wanted to go somewhere secluded and far enough away that I could not get called into work.

We decided to visit my friend who has been living in Agnes Waters. After a long six hour drive there through the Australian countryside and a stop in at the Bundaberg Rum factory we finally made it.

We had heard stories from my friend about how small Agnes was, but we were genuinely surprised when we arrived and the whole town was only one street. But it was just the relaxed escape we were looking for.

Next we decided we had to have somewhere to stay and checked into beachside backpackers which had rooms available and was close to the beach and right beside the main street. Most relaxed backpackers with tourists coming in from surfing, others just listening to music and some playing darts.

We then decided to surprise my friend and let her know we were there, it was great as she was a local she took us to all the secret local spots. My favourite place she took us was a beach that only the local's knew about, we were there for hours and did not see another person. A secluded beach, who could ask for a better escape! We sat there while we watched the beautiful sunset.

Then it was dinner time, but with the limited restaurants and cafe's in Agnes we were a little worried. But we found the Getaway Cafe which is not on the main street and they were doing a roast lamb on the spit. All I can say is heaven in my mouth, and an amazing atmosphere. Had a lovely night out in Agnes Waters.

The next day we ventured to the Town of 1770, and it was just like paradise!! With the headland walk which left 180 degree views, we then ventured through the streets filled with $1 million houses. There is only one restaurant/cafe in 1770 right opposite the water and the park. The water was an amazing blue with sandbanks which gave it the most beautiful contrast. Sailing boats a plenty, plus an opportunity to go on a boat trip to Lady Musgrave Island snorkelling, the southern most point of the Great Barrier Reef.

On our last day we decided to walk about at beach level on the rocky headland at the main beach in Agnes. After seeing a small path up onto the headland we decided we would risk the snakes and take a look. It was well worth it as the view was stunning ranging from the main beach, the secluded beach and views even to the 1770 headland. Just a local treasure. The rest of the day was spent stand up paddle boarding out around the headland, swimming and the locals were surfing.

The great thing about Agnes Waters and Town of 1770 is it the Northern most point you can swim without the threat of the deadly Irakanji Jellyfish, and has access to the Southernmost point of the Great Barrier Reef via boat trip.

It truly was a great escape, a relaxing adventure and well worth the 6 hour drive.

/Renee (Jesper's girlfriend)
Town of 1770
Town of 1770
Agnes Water main beach headland hi…
Agnes Water main beach headland hi…

Check Agnes Water Hotel Deals