Agave

140 7th avenue south, New York, NY, USA

Agave New York Reviews

hotspot_23 hotspot_…
Soothing romantic atmosphere Feb 16, 2009
Nice restaurant. I am always in the city and always on 7th avenue around this area but for some reason never noticed it. I went for Valentine's Day and they had a menu just for that night. Appetizer, Entree, Desert, Margarita all for $65 per person. Pretty good deal. Table were a little close together but I guess they wanted to fill up with as much people as they can and get them in and out. My food came out in about 5 minutes. I could just imagine an assembly line of food ready to go in the kitchen. Overall good experience, waitstaff was really nice and I had a good time. They do have great margaritas, even though I ordered pear and mines tasted like lime - it was still good. Heres a profile I found for them:

The low-ceilinged, stucco-walled room evokes Arizona 206, but the wine list, full of interesting New World selections, is a happy surprise in a place that visually prepares you for a margarita onslaught. The whimsical menu, too, breaks the mold with unexpected combinations like mole-braised short ribs with jalapeño gnocchi and “Santa Fe shepherd’s pie of chili mac and Iggy’s jack.”

Check New York Hotel Deals