African Safari

Tanzania

African Safari Reviews

sk2010 sk2010
Safari with Eastco May 09, 2011
I did an 8 day safari with 3 others in June 2010 with Eastco.Simon the owner was very responsive in the planning of the safari and indeed all through the safari as well.The safari was originally meant to be 7 days but due to an issue with the tents we ended up getting an extra day so was all good.We started off by camping right on Lake Manyara.It was just ourselves and 1 other couple there so was great having our own private campsite,really relaxing setting.We were on a budget safari but our first 3 nights we had proper beds,toilet and shower in our tents.This was our base for Manyara and Tarangire national parks.Tarangire was actually the extra day as we had originally only planned for 1 day here and ended up doing 2.While we were delighted with an extra day for free I would recommend only 1 day as the 2nd wasn't great.We went from here to the Serengeti where we were back to the basic tents (which were grand and comfy)and then onto Ngorongoro.The safari far surpassed any expectations I had.We seen lions,cheetah,zebra,giraffe,elephant, hippo and numerous other animals right next to our jeep except for the Rhino and the leopard which we seen in the distance.Our guide was William and he was great.He had eyes like a hawk and we seemed to have all the best spots for viewing the wildlife.The food was fantastic.We changed cooks after Manyara camp but both cooks,Martin and Costa provided meals of hotel quality.We also had a crew providing hot water for the showers and anything else we needed in Manyara camp and they were really friendly............Now for a few negatives..We had a safari walk included which was crap..basically a half hour walk by the lake before supper..There was also supposed to be a night drive which never occurred...William our guide was really fantastic and I was more than happy with him..Just make sure you are firm in the times you would like to start off in the morning as he seemed to like to start later than most and the early mornings seemed to be the best time to see lions roaming around.But all in all I would have to highly recommend Eastco and if I was to go back to Tanzania again I would definitely use them again..One final thing was that my payment didn't go through while I was already on safari but Simon was very easygoing and there was no stress involved.I just paid when I got back.
oakley_sf oakley_sf
Ngorongoro Apr 16, 2011
Went to three national parks for my African Safari trip, and Ngorongoro was my favorite. Ngorongoro Serena Safari Lodge (Serena Hotel) was great where food/wine were fantastic.

Tanzania Map