TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 671,847 travelers just like you!

Advoc8
Award: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I

Name: Dion
Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Website: dionm.hubpages.com
Join Date: October 16, 2008
Contributions: Advoc8 has written about 19 places, shared 62 photos, left 493 comments, and smiled 485 times.
Travel Plans
North Korea
dream destination
It will be in 2012. Its gonna be awesome. If I come back.
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Fluent English, except when I am being a unilingual illiterate and getting my meaning across without words. I'm also a master of the Papa Hotel Oscar November Echo Tango India Charlie (phonetic) alphabet after hundreds of hours spent on a two way. But thats another story...
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
I’m a collector of experiences. Being mobile affords me that opportunity.

I’ve partied in South Africa with bush trackers, talked a garbo into taxiing me across Rome @ 2am without a word of Italian, traveled Poland with an interpreter to discover my past, drank rice wine with ex-Vietcong guerillas in Vietnam’s Chu Chi tunnels, hung out on the mean streets of Barcelona with Catalunya’s most wanted, been point man for business deals in China, almost bought the farm in a few places...

But I keep my most memorable moment for myself... ;o)

Every day is another adventure.
Profile
Right Now:
------------
Melbourne Australia, packing it up for a life in Germany. Sans German. Good thing I have my own personal interpreter... ;oP

Recently:
------------
After changing countries weekly for a few months, I had the joy of staying home for a while ...but since I got a new EU passport, lost my Aussie one and had it replaced, these clean slates need some inscriptions of the intercontinental kind. I'm packing.

Soon:
------------
Germany, Paris/Dubai. I've been informed that my meet up record needs to improve... so I'm accepting applications.

About me:
------------
'If it is to be, it's up to me'. These are words I live by.

I'm a driven, spontaneous and adventure seeking person who is open to any experience that would enhance my life. A non-conformist by nature, I like making my own rules (and sometimes breaking them...). I'm busy starring in my own 'choose your own adventure' novel that takes me across the globe. 200,000 air miles within the last year and counting... so its safe to say I get around.

If you're wondering what sort of nut travels that many air miles a year, read my blog. I gave up the safe and mundane future for an uncertain but exciting present. So you won't find any holiday reviews here - I'm not travelling it. I'm living it.

I’m looking for real people – good friends with good values who are not afraid to live life. If that sounds like you, drop me a line! You never know when our paths might become a crossroad.
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2015
alicegourmet says:
Happy Birthday, Dion! :)
Posted on: Nov 22, 2014
sirinny says:
Nice pics and stories. You seem to travel to Thailand many times. Looking for more pics and reviews from Thailand.
Posted on: Feb 02, 2014

Advoc8's Travel Blogs

Oct 19, 2000 – Aug 15, 2011
60,000+ views & counting... People will read anything these days :oP This blog has been moved to http://dionm.hubpages.com …
Overview 49,527 words 55 234 373
This blog was featured on Saturday October 18th, 2008

Advoc8's Travel Reviews

Free! "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Hanoi, Vietnam
Located off Ba Dinh Square, the place where Vietnam's declaration of independence was read in 19…