Adventure Travel

North America

Adventure Travel Reviews

One_Coconut One_Coco…
Death Valley trip with Green Tortoise Adventure Apr 16, 2011
So I wanted to go to Death Valley, but none of my friends wanted to go. Do I drive there alone and figure it all out on my own, or wait for my friends to want to go?

Neither!

I took a bus trip with Green Tortoise Adventure Travel. This company specializes in adventure travel on a budget. I'm so glad I did it because it was so much fun.

You all pile into a bus with your sleeping bags and your gear, then go to sleep on the bus while they drive you down there. Once you arrive, you go hiking with your group, or exploring, and then you head to a campsite for the night.

At the campsite you can seither set up your own tent, throw the sleeping bag on the ground with a mat, or sleep in the bus, it's up to you.

Food is prepared together, eaten together, and clean-up is done altogether. It's a mini community traveling bus.

I found Death Valley to be fascinating, and way more interesting than I anticipated. The color variation in the rocks, the variation in the types of rocks, and ground were impressive.

Green Adventure does short trips, 1 - 3 days, to longer trips as well, such as the 27 day trip to Alaska.

I hope to do one again.
Death Valley walking trail
Interesting rock formation in Deat…
Another interesting one