Adventure Bound Alaska-Tracy Arm Cruise

P.O. Box 23013, Juneau, AK, USA

Adventure Bound Alaska-Tracy Arm Cruise Juneau Reviews

ewrewr12 ewrewr12
Great trip Mar 03, 2009
We had a BLAST on this trip. Its an all day thing, so we brought a cooler of beer and kicked back all day long.

It takes about an hour and a half each way to get to the sawyer glacier, along the way we say humpback whales, and waterfalls, seals, iceburgs, and drank beer.

once you get to the first half of the sawyer glacier, you kinda just sit there for an hour or so. you wait and watch - hoping that it calves, and you want to see the BIG chunks fall into the ocean, it sounds a bit like thunder.

after an hour or two - you head over to the 2nd half of the sawyer glacier. and sit there for an hour or so, this is when the beer really comes in handy.

DEFINATELLY get there early cause its a full boat everyday! sit up front cause the staff is a riot.

The food is great, very affordable.

when you are on the deck - dont stand in front of the drivers window - he is a big freak about this.
silan silan
Tracy Arm Glacier Cruise Jun 25, 2008
We had booked our Tracy Arms Fjord tour through Adventure Bound while we were in Juneau, but since we had just booked the night before, we were booked on to the boat leaving a little bit later, called the Captain Cook. It was a smaller boat, but it was great since there were less people (just 15-20) and the staff onboard were extremely friendly and helpful.

The cruise is $135 per person for the full day and includes lunch. We paid the day before when we had gone into their office, originally just to inquire! If you have a car, they suggest a safe parking lot close by where you can leave your car for the day while you're on the cruise.

The trip itself was fantastic, though it takes about 2.5 hours to get to the fjord itself, you're never left without things to look at like seals, whales, beautiful Alaskan islands on either side lined with mountains, waterfalls, impressive iceburgs, and of course, the glaciers themselves.

Lunch is included but we brought some food to snack on during the day.

I found it was hard to sit inside the boat since I didn't want to miss anything! I constantly had my camera in my hands and had my eyes peeled hoping to see a whale. It's cold on deck, so dress warm, and make sure you've got lots of space and batteries on your computer so you can take lots of pictures!

This was a spur of the moment, extravagant decision for us and it was completely worth it!

Check Juneau Hotel Deals