Adot-Tina Hotel

Check Addis Ababa Hotel Deals

Adot-Tina Hotel Addis Ababa Reviews

Vlindeke Vlindeke
Central hotel Dec 21, 2011
In advance I have to note African standards are different from western standards. Especially, in my opinion, concerning the bathroom.

At the beginning of our round trip Ethiopia we stayed the first two nights in Adot Tina Hotel, not far from the main shopping area ‘Bole Road’ and only 20 minutes driving from the airport. Adot Tina Hotel is frequented by Spanish couples adopting a baby from Ethiopia. It is nice to see those happy families. The babies are cute… but cry too!

After our trip to northern Ethiopia we returned for one night before starting our round trip in the south.

The entrance/parking of the hotel is guarded 24 hours a day. The staff at the reception, the restaurant and the housekeeping is very friendly. At the reception and in the restaurant they speak English very well.

Free internet is offered at a couple of computers in the business center next to the reception area. As is free (working!!) wifi.

The first two nights we were accommodated in room 408, a standard guestroom. No a/c, but due to the cool nights opening a window gives fresh air!

Beds were good, we had a small sitting area, a television, a safe and a bathroom with a hairdryer, two towels a person, water glasses, soap and little bottles with shampoo, bath/shower gel and body lotion. Can’t say the bathroom was clean (see photo).

Don’t start screaming now about my note about the bathrooms above. This was the only hotel during our round trip which provided us with all mentioned here. Regular you have one towel a person, no water glasses and just a little piece of soap.

The breakfast buffet was reasonable. Toast, pancakes, jam, eggs, coffee, tea etc. and even some fruit!

As we came back for another night to the hotel after our round trip in the north we were very lucky! We had an upgraded to room 103, one of the two executive suites of the hotel on the top floor. See the photo’s! A sitting room, a large and a small bedroom, both with a bathroom (which were clean!!) and, best of all a huge terrace overlooking Addis Ababa. Just one remark, at night there was a lot of noise from equipment on the roof. I even decided to use my ear plugs (which I always have with me for ‘emergencies’).

I definitely would choose again for Adot Tina Hotel. Not a luxury hotel, but more than okay!

For more information: www.adottinahotel.com
Room 408
Bathroom room 408
Bathroom room 408
View from room 408
xander_van_hoof says:
Central location looks better than the Soramba near St Gearge where I stayed. This looks great, but probably is run down of lack of maintanence now...
Posted on: Nov 19, 2014

Adot-Tina Hotel Overview

The Adot-Tina Hotel offers a tour desk and a fitness centre as well as a steam room, a sauna and a business centre. Addis Ababa town centre is within a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Addis Ababa University is within easy driving distance of the Adot-Tina Hotel. Internet access is available for guests who need to remain connected while on the road. If access is a concern, prospective guests will be glad to know the hotel provides wheelchair access for an inclusive experience. Addis Ababa Bole International Airport (ADD) is under a 10 minute drive from the hotel.

Adot-Tina Hotel Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Steam Room
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels