Admiral Hotel Copenhagen

Admiral Hotel Copenhagen Rates and Deals

Admiral Hotel Copenhagen Reviews

catharineaf catharin…
Gorgeous Industrial Convert in Nyhavn Mar 20, 2011
If you're looking for a "wow" factor then look no further than the Admiral. My husband and I had the pleasure of spending a long weekend at the Admiral while exploring the Christmas markets of Copenhagen in 2010 and felt as tough we had arrived in the lap of luxury.

The old factory building, compete with over-sized wooden beams and exposed brick interior walls felt so modern chic without losing its ancient industrial feel, is a cozy retreat in which to escape the winter weather, and the views over the harbour and old tall-ships were delightful.

The staff didn't quite live up to the same standards set by the locale, but were satisfactory. Just a little snooty and distant, is all.
gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Business stay at the Admiral Jul 03, 2008
I stayed at Copenhagen Admiral Hotel for 2 nights during my visit to Copenhagen in late November 2005. I only stayed for 2 nights and my company used the hotel to host a conference.

The hotel is located near the waterfront between Nyhavn and the castle of Amalienborg. We took a taxi from the airport to the hotel and I think we paid about 200-250 kroner for that. But I guess you can also take the train into the main train station and walk to the hotel but it is about 2 km to walk.

When we arrived at the hotel we were impressed by the building itself. The main building dates back to 1787 and it was originally used as a storage and drying facility for wheat. Once inside it is impossible to not notice the huge wooden structures that carries the weight of the building (I assume that that is the purpose at least) and that also creates a nice atmosphere in the hotel. In the lobby there are also models of sail ships, old canons etc and I guess that is a reminder of the hotels maritime history.

The check in was fast and I was assigned to room 347 which face Toldbodgaden. The room itself was average size with a blue carpet and neutral white walls. I got a king size bed which was quite comfortable, a small table with two leather chairs, a small desk, a TV with Norwegian, Danish, Swedish channels in addition to BBC, CNN, some Italian channels and pay TV options. There was also a mini bar with different drinks but as usual it is cheaper to buy that elsewhere. A can of Coke was 3 € (24 Danish kroner), a Heineken 4 € (32 Danish Kroner) etc. I also had two closets and quite a lot of hangers available. The bathroom was pretty small but nice with neutral tiling. The bath tub had a shower option but I don’t really like the shower curtain arrangement…but I guess it works. There were not that many amenities…shampoo, shower gel and body lotion if I’m not mistaken. As usual there was a hair dryer available on the wall.

The hotel had pretty good food. As I mention earlier we hosted a conference in the hotel and the lunch and dinner that we got was good. You get your breakfast at the restaurant called SALT. It seemed to have more or less all the stuff that you would expect from a buffet breakfast. I didn’t look that much at the options as I’m used to just having some muesli in the mornings. We also tried the SALT bar of course but when we where there they had a problem getting enough staff for the bar so we had to wait a while to get drinks. The hotel seems to be very busy as they host conferences, dinners, weddings etc.

The location of the hotel is good. It is only about 200 meters to Nyhavn so instead of dining at the hotel you can walk to Nyhavn where the restaurants and bars are located side by side. If you continue through Nyhavn you will reach Strøget which is a nice pedestrian street which offers lots of shopping.

There are a couple of drawbacks when it comes to the hotel. My room faced the street and there was a bit of traffic noise in the mornings. On the other side of the hotel I’m sure you get a very nice view of the waterfront and the new opera but you also might get some noise from the building of a new theater (Skuespilhuset) which is supposed to be finished in 2008. I didn’t have to worry about the price of the room as it was paid by the company but I think that you have to pay about 1500 Danish Kroner (200 €). Visit the homepage of the hotel for further info.
View to hotel
The bed
Table and chairs
TV and minibar
Lone-Denmark says:
This is my favorite Copenhagen hotel. Expensive but very charming and with a perfect location in the most beutiful area of old Copenhagen
Posted on: Aug 04, 2009

Admiral Hotel Copenhagen Overview

The Admiral Hotel Copenhagen is ideally located for sightseeing in Copenhagen with Nyhavn only a few minutes away and The Royal Theatre, St Ansgar's Cathedral and Vestindisk Pakhus an easy stroll away. This waterfront hotel offers rooms with a private bathroom, a TV and a safe. The hotel is a five-minute walk from many attractions including The Amalie Garden and Amalienborg Palace.

The Admiral Hotel Copenhagen employees are available 24/7 and can book tours and tickets. The spa facilities include a sauna and a steam room. Family facilities include babysitting / child services. Confidently choose the Admiral Hotel Copenhagen for your next stay with the knowledge that you'll be ideally placed to explore Copenhagen's well-known clubs, bars, and establishments.

If you're travelling with a family in tow, the Admiral Hotel Copenhagen offers spacious rooms geared towards the requirements of families and kids. Rooms offer a refrigerator, complimentary toiletries and a mini bar. Guests looking for inclusive accommodation will be pleased to know the hotel caters to mobility and wheelchair access.

Travellers wishing to socialise can take advantage of the Admiral Hotel Copenhagen's bar, located on-site for your convenience. Guests can order room service 24 hours a day.

Admiral Hotel Amenities

• Wheel Chair Access
  • Steam Room
  • Massage
  • Steam Bath
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels