Adlon Hotell

Vasagatan 42, Stockholm, Sweden

Adlon Hotell Rates and Deals

Adlon Hotell Stockholm Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Noisy is you are staying on the lower floors towards the main street Aug 08, 2012
Adlon hotel is located quite close to the central station and where the fast train Arlanda - Expressen from the airport stops in Stockholm city center. The hotel is located on a corner and is quite old looking from outside, but when you enter the reception you step in to a very modern lounge area. To the right you have a relax area with nice low chairs and sofas with modern lamps, to the left you find the reception in the back in the room. The walls are nicely covered in wooden panels and next to the reception you have a coffee area and a small fridge with some food and drinks for purchase.

I arrived late in the evening, as I was there around 10 pm, there were not that many in the lounge area. There was a young guy behind the counter and I had to stop his service mindedness, as pretty much knew the most of what he said, but he also quickly found my booking what I appreciated. On the other side of the street there is a Burger King and being tired of a long days work and the trip I decided to look what the neighborhood had to offer.

The room I was given on first floor was quite small and facing the street and also on top of a very lively bar, which meant that it was quite noisy or I should probably say that they were really noisy. I opened the window for a short period because I didn’t believe that this particular room had been in use for some time, so the air was pretty confined. The noise downstairs meant that I closed the window quite fast again.

The room itself had a double bed placed in the middle of the room, the room was not much broader than the bed, so you had around 50 cm to pass it via a narrow path. The bed itself was not the most comfortable that I had met on my many hotel visits. You had to pass the bed in order to get to the window and the small desk in front of it. There was a very small flat screen on the wall above the desk and a small chair in the corner.

The bathroom was probably the nicest feature in the room I was given. It had what it needed and it didn’t feel old with the white tiles on the walls and quite new installations. My general comment to the room was that it besides being small, the room was also quite dull, and it was absolutely not I place that made me stay in the room more than I needed.

There is Wi-Fi in the hotel and it worked well. The hotel is near to numerous bars and restaurants, which adds to its quality. If I was to stay there again, I would ask for a room higher up in the building, I have also been recommended that I should have asked for a room towards the back yard as there should be really quiet there.
The entrance
The lobby
The reception area
My narrow room
Chokk says:
Haha nice one ;)
Posted on: Jan 17, 2013
rsvpme says:
IO remember reading a joke years ago..." The room was so small that every time I bent over, to tie my shoe, the doorknob got familiar"
Posted on: Jan 17, 2013
Chokk says:
You will see how right you are on the pics when I get this uploader to work again ;)
Posted on: Jan 16, 2013
sooofresh sooofresh
stockholm Jun 14, 2011
DO provide personal insider tips that you think other travelers might find useful.

DO try to upload photos if you have them. They make the reviews a lot more informative and interesting.

DO use proper capitalization and punctuation.

DO NOT write reviews about hotels you have not actually stayed in, or businesses you have not been

Adlon Hotell Overview

Set in the centre of Stockholm, the Adlon Hotell is within an easy walk from Strindberg Museum, Klara Church and Stockholm City Hall. The hotel is located in the centre of Norrmalm and Casino Cosmopol Stockholm is within a two minute walk. The neighbourhood is well-known for shopping.

The Adlon Hotell offers budget accommodation, rooms with TV and free Wi-Fi. The property has conference room(s), a business centre and a concierge. The hotel's multilingual staff will be happy to provide dining suggestions and assist you in organising your stay in Stockholm. Conveniently part of the in-house services, guests can catch up on work with the computers available for hire. In addition to a dry cleaning service and meeting rooms, the hotel also features a safe-deposit box, a currency exchange and a laundry service.

The Adlon Hotell's neighbourhood is known for its nightlife and you'll be spoilt for choice deciding on which place to go.

Adlon Hotell Amenities

• Laundry service
  • Computer
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower