Adelaide Fringe

(08) 8100 2000

Adelaide Fringe Reviews

paulywill paulywill
Best time to visit Adelaide SA Jul 09, 2011
The Adelaide Fringe Festival is an arts festival held annually in the South Australian capital of Adelaide. The event is Australia and the Southern Hemisphere's largest arts event and the second-largest fringe festival in the world. The Adelaide Fringe is an open access event, allowing anyone with ideas and enthusiasm to register in the program, and so to showcase their arts to the public.

The festival is run over 24 days and nights in February and March of every year and includes hundreds of cabaret, comedy, dance, theatre, music, and visual arts events. Festival highlights include an opening night party, parade and concert, street theatre, the Garden of Unearthly Delights and Fringe Family Weekend.

This event has many events on every night throughout the festival with many free shows for the budget minded. The free Garden of Unearthly delights is a must see and with so much to offer would be the ultimate starting point for a fringe experience.
shirlan shirlan
Lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!! Mar 13, 2010
Driving through the city of Adelaide today I saw something in Victoria Square that is not normally there. However, at this time of the year, the unexpected is the normal. Luckily I had my camera with me and was able to take a couple of photos as we drove past. That is why I have now decided to do this review as an explanation.

The Adelaide Fringe festival is an arts festival held annually in Adelaide South Australia.

It is the Southern hemispheres largest arts event and the second largest fringe festival in the world.

Before 2007, the Adelaide Fringe was a biennial event, occuring in even numbered years to coincide with the Adelaide Festival of Arts.

Over 24 days and nights in February and March, there are a massive selection of shows. i.e. Caberet, comedy, dance, theatre, music and visual arts events. These shows can be held in wierd and eccentric venues, or just about anywhere.

Highlights - Opening night party, parade, concert and street theatre. The "Garden of Unearthly Delights" and Fringe family weekend.

As an open access festival, anyone can perform or apply by paying a one off registration fee the the Fringe as well as pay the presentation costs of their perfomance.

The first Adelaide Fringe was held in 1960. This was because some artists took exception to the exclusion of many artists from the Adelaide Festival of Arts, and staged their own event.

That was a beginning and has now grown and continues to grow.

Compared to other Fringe Festivals, the Adelaide Fringe is second in size only to the Edinburgh Fringe

Dates:

2010 Friday February 19th to Sunday 14th March

2011 Friday February 18th to Sunday 13th March

2012 Friday February 24th to Sunday 18th March
This is what I spotted while drivi…
For the Adelaide Fringe
diverdeb says:
I've got a couple of the same photos I love the one that was upside down in the garden of unearthly delights!!
Posted on: Jun 25, 2010

Related Travel Blogs About Adelaide Fringe

Don't Explain
The weather had been so fantastic in Milwaukee that when we left that morning, I conveniently left our sweatshirts hanging over the back of the couch. That isn't something I normally ever do. I usual…Adelaide Fringe. In the intervening years it has grown into its current incarnation: that of an uncontrollable, independent entity…
Back to Adelaide!!
Can you believe it!!!  I am going back so soon.  Nuts!!  I arrive on Saturday night.  Dave picks me up at the airport.  Man, it is SO good to see him!  We are so lucky t…Fringe Festival in Adelaide.   They are amazing!  The play inside this small cloth tent, designed…
Adelaide Botanic Gardens
Well tonight we were meeting friends in Adelaide for dinner. Andrew and I decided to go early as we figured that finding a car park could be a bit tricky as in Adelaide at the moment there is the "Fr…Adelaide at the moment there is the "Fringe" plus Womadelaide has just begun. That means that there is lots…

Check Adelaide Hotel Deals