Adarna: Food and Culture

119 Kalayaan Avenue, Quezon City, Philippines
adarnafoodandculture.multipl… - (63 2) 926-8712, (63 917) 961-8113
Adarna: Food and Culture - dessert.

Adarna: Food and Culture Quezon City Reviews

jaeWALK jaeWALK
Treasure find in my own backyard Apr 29, 2009
Who would have thought that there's such a nice and cozy restaurant just a good 5 minutes walk from my home. Everyday I pass by Adarna, but always ignored for some reason until a friend insisted we try it out for dinner.

As i entered the courtyard I was mighty impressed with what I saw. Something i've always looked for - A quiet place that I can call my own.

The food is just fantastic! it's filipino food with a twist. I tried out their kare-kare, a classic filipino dish made with ox tail and tripe, some vegetables in peanut sauce with fish paste on the side. Their take on it: substitute ox tail with intestines. Something really weird, but it does work. My favorite has to be Dinakdakan. It's an Ilokano cooking quite similar to the famous sisig. Now I don't even have to ask my mom to bring me some from the province. I could just walk and buy one for myself. And of course, the pandesal with kesong puti (white cheese) and chorizo is just unforgettable. another must try is Felicidad, their own version of the eggnog.

As for the place itself, I totally love the ambience. It's even like a mini museum of Filipino culture... pop culture that is.

And there's free wifi too. ;)
dessert.
sarsicola says:
wow! great food! i'll give these a try!
Posted on: May 19, 2009