Adams Morgan

Adams Morgan - Rumba cafe
Adams Morgan - Madams Organ
Adams Morgan - Heaven and Hell, Columbia Station and The Town Tavern
Adams Morgan - The Reef
Adams Morgan - Well, just in case you decide to make your night really memorable
Adams Morgan - 18th Street.

Adams Morgan Washington Reviews

saintgl saintgl
Adams Morgan Jun 13, 2011
There are several options for visitors in Washington DC wanting to get a taste for local night life. One of the most popular spots in the city is Adams Morgan. Located in the heart of Washington DC, this charming residential neighborhood has numerous bar and restaurants concentrated along the upper part of 18th street, close to the intersection with Columbia Road. The area is very popular among young people (maybe in their 20s to early 30s), and it can get a bit rowdy on late weekend nights. Most places are very casual and laid-back; there are no fancy, upscale establishments on this strip. For visitors looking for a night of bar hopping (crawling) and lots of drinking, this should be their first stop. For those looking for night clubs and more upscale places, I recommend the downtown or Dupont Circle areas. For a more bohemian, jazzy atmosphere, U street is the place to go. I’ll write more about those and other night life spots in the future. I started with Adams Morgan since this is the one that I am most familiar with, since I live in the neighborhood myself. Now, I haven’t been to every establishment on the block, so I won’t review every single one of them. Besides, there are too many of them. I can, however, tell you what my favorites are:

Columbia Station – As a Jazz fan, this place speaks to me. They have no cover charge and the usually have a live Jazz band playing for tips. I haven’t been disappointed with the music yet.

Madams Organ – Probably the most famous spot on the strip, almost a landmark really. It is a very rustic looking place with live bands every night of the week. The music is mostly blues, but the often branch out with rock, bluegrass and jazz music.

Habana Village – This is mainly a salsa dancing place, but you can also just chill at the main bar in the first level. You should also try the food, I think it is awesome.

Rumba Café – This is a very bohemian and artsy looking place. Like most places in Adams Morgan they have live music almost every night. The music is usually folk music from South America, but they often branch out with other rhythms too.

The Reef – Ok, the only special feature of this place is quite frankly the deck at the roof, since there are not many of those in Adams Morgan. A fun place to be in the summer time!

Ok, I will leave my review at that for now. If anybody visiting the area needs more information or advice, feel free to send me an email!

Happy travels!!!!
Madams Organ
Rumba cafe
Heaven and Hell, Columbia Station …
The Reef