TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 674,706 travelers just like you!

AdamR3723
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy Happy

Name: Adam
Hometown: London, England, UK
Location: London, England, UK
Website: www.adamyamey.com
Join Date: January 10, 2017
Contributions: AdamR3723 has written about 172 places, shared 817 photos, left 608 comments, and smiled 966 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, sharing travel tips and blogs, just browsing!
Travel Plans
Kosovo, Serbia
dream destination
Kosovo is NO LONGER part of Serbia!
Mongolia
India
» see all 4 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
Some French and Italian, less German, even less Serbo-Croatian, and much less Modern Greek and Hindustani. Some vocabulary in Hungarian and Albanian.
Interests
Books you might find in my backpack
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Chicago 1963, Albania 1984, Serbia and Kosovo 1990, India 1994, South Africa 2003, Dubai 2011, Western Sicily 2014, and Albania 2016
Profile
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I LOVE TRAVELLING AND READING (AND WRITING) ABOUT TRAVEL.

I ENJOY EXPLORING THE OBSCURE: THE LESS WELL-KNOWN.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+

I enjoy sharing travel experiences with others.

I am a dentist as well as an author. I live mainly in LONDON (UK). My second home is BANGALORE in India. I am married, and we have one child.

I have written and published books about Albania, the former Yugoslavia, Sicily, Italy, India, and South Africa. (See: http://www.adamyamey.com )

I have visited a number of countries. Of these my favourites are the Balkans (especially Albania), India, Italy, and the UK.

I joined Travbuddy once I knew that Virtual Tourist was to be discontinued. I am finding it hospitable and user-friendly.

I look forward to entertaining and informing you with my travel tales, and I hope that you will enjoy them!
starship1 says:
Hi Adam,

Speaking on Hoxha, I understood from our local guide in Tirana that Hoxha, being a nationalist, wanted Albania to be for Albanians. So I assume even though the Kruje's bazaar may have been, I guess, Ottoman in origin, he wanted to preserve/revive Albanian craftsmanship.
Posted on: Jun 22, 2017
Darfsteller says:
Thank You for congratulations on my new awards!
Posted on: Jun 19, 2017
WalterC says:
Thanks for the congrats, Adam!
Posted on: Jun 05, 2017

AdamR3723's Travel Blogs

WIG AND VEIL: HILL AND DALE
Jun 04, 2017
A stroll from London's Dalston to Stamford Hill - a multi-ethnic and multi-cultural experience!
Overview 210 words 1 1 1
LONDON BRIDGE
May 24, 2017
HAY TOR TO HAVASU: a story set in stone. LONDON BRIDGE: a moving story
Overview 2,373 words 12 1 15
HUNGARY SOME YEARS AGO
Apr 22, 2017
Memories of trips made to Hungary before and after the end of Communist rule
Overview 1,223 words 6 0 4

AdamR3723's Travel Reviews

Cheap "Nightlife & Entertainment" in London, England, UK
This theatre space is housed in a 'retired'early twentieth century (1905) century Wesleyan Metho…
Very cheap "Sights & Attractions" in London, England, UK
Gloucester Road Station is served by the District, the Piccadilly, and the Circle lines of the …
Cheap "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in London, England, UK
This place is across Dalston Lane from Dalston Junction Station. Once, it was 'The Railway Taver…
Updated 5 days ago