Activities around Konstanz lake / Bodensee
Activities around Konstanz lake / Bodensee Reviews
Activities around lake of Konstanz Jul 19, 2011
Here are some ideas of activities you can enjoy around the lake:
- rent some bikes, and go for few days trip around the lake. (i.e. http://www.radweg-reisen.com)
- by bike just for one day, from konstanz to Switzerland, follow the rhein to Stein am Rhein (very nice city to visit!) and finish to Radolfzell. Then you can take the train back to Konstanz (the part Raolfzell - Konstanz in Germany is not very ice by bike, better do it by train! there are trains every half an hour)
- if you have inflatable boats, just go to Stein am Rhein by car or train, go down to the Rhein (you can as well visit a bit the city!) and go down the rhein to Diessenhofen, just stop before a big wood bridge where you can jump from. Come back by train! This is one so far the best activity I have done around the lake!
- You can go to the Rheinfalls (the biggest in Europe!) near Schaffhausen. Very impressive if you can access to the platform just above it! You can go by night as well!
- about the Thermes, I have been so far to Uberlingen and Meersburg. The one in Meersburg are not so nice, but Uberlingen is very great if you like saunas. Especially in Wintertime, you will enjoy to go outside and maybe inside the 4°C lake after 10min at 90°C!
- and of course walk around Konstanz, from the center to the lake side, you can walk towards Switzerland, and you will arrive in Kreuzlingen park which is one of the most beautiful of Switzerland. You will reach a treetower where you can climb on for free, from there you have a nice view on the lake and on Konstanz.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!