Acme Oyster and Seafood Restaurant

724 Iberville St., New Orleans, LA, USA
(504) 525-1160
Acme Oyster and Seafood Restaurant - second
Acme Oyster and Seafood Restaurant - first
Acme Oyster and Seafood Restaurant - 1/2 fried catfish and 1/2 fried shrimp platter with hush puppies
Acme Oyster and Seafood Restaurant - 1/2 fried catfish and 1/2 fried oysters platter with potato salad

Acme Oyster and Seafood Restaurant New Orleans Reviews

Robin1109 Robin1109
Go on an off day/time! Nov 22, 2010
I was fortunate to eat at the Acme oyster house on a Monday in November where there was no line outside. It was definitely packed but the tables turned over quick. We were seated within 10 minutes. If it's not crazy busy I definitely recommend it! The soft shell crab po boy was amazing! Their oysters on the half shell were really fresh and tasty as was the rest of the menu items we had.
up4anything901 up4anyth…
okay i guess Jun 26, 2009
Okay when you visit new orleans there are a few "must do's". I was told that a meal at acme oyster was one of them. I wasnt looking for it at the time but i stumbled upon it while i was walking around.

the place was packed and there was a line of about 25-30 people in a line waiting to get in. I chalked it up to being a lunch time crowd. 5 hours later i return and what do i see? You guessed it. A packed house and 20 people in a line waiting to get in. I asked the guy at the door whats up. He says, "its always a line to get in here". I was by myself at the time and he found a spot for me at the bar. I was seated just as fast as i could finish the hurricane i'd just bought (they dont allow outside beverages inside).

i ordered the medley gumbo. Its a sampling of gumbo, red beans and rice, and jambalaya. To me the jambalaya wasnt all that good. It wasnt nasty either tho. It was kinda cold so i'm sure that had something to do with it.

the medley was $12 plus tax.
second
sethwd2 sethwd2
Dec 26, 2007
While in New Orleans, I tried several restaurants, and I must say that ACME Oyster House was possibly my favorite of the bunch. Now don't go here expecting haute cuisine, but if you're looking for a tasty meal at a good price, then this is the place to go. The raw oysters were packed full of flavor and the po'boys were fresh and generous in portion.

On a Saturday night, we ran into a decent sized line, but it moved pretty fast, mostly attributed to the type of cuisine and size of the restaurant. I don't believe they take reservations at all, so it operates on a first-come, first-serve basis.

If you're looking to stroll into a place in your jeans and t-shirt, eager to try some traditional New Orleans cuisine, check this place out.
sybil sybil
May 03, 2007
my friends and i lunched here on our new orleans visit and i had the 1/2 and 1/2 platter of fried catfish and shrimp. there really was nothing to complain about. the food was just perfectly done and not dry. The fried oyster was pretty good too. a friend had the mixed platter and said it was pretty good (jambalaya, gumbo, etc.). another had the chicken breast sandwich and said it was good too. the service was prompt; there was no line when we went (although there usually is -- we just got lucky). our server was also down to earth and friendly and helpful. too bad we couldn't get dessert because the huge servings left me too full.
1/2 fried catfish and 1/2 fried sh…
1/2 fried catfish and 1/2 fried oy…
yadilitta yadilitta
Oct 25, 2007
Wow! if you like seafood, this is the place. Watch out! You have to arrive early or make a reservation, there are always long lines. But it's delicious.

If you love seafood this is the right place to go, that's for sure. Not only the food is really good, also the atmosphere is great. There is no dress code, it's a casual place :)

You can't leave the place without trying the oysters.

Check New Orleans Hotel Deals