Acland Cake Shop

St. Kilda's Beach, Melbourne, Australia
Acland Cake Shop - The door that leads to the loo.
Acland Cake Shop - Plain Cheesecake.
Acland Cake Shop - Fruit Cheesecake (more like berry cheesecake to me).
Acland Cake Shop - Fruit Cheesecake (more like berry cheesecake to me).
Acland Cake Shop - Fruit Cheesecake with a glass of Orange-Pineapple Slush.
Acland Cake Shop - Hot Chocolate.
Acland Cake Shop - Menu.

Acland Cake Shop Melbourne Reviews

trippinginnederland tripping…
Nice cake shop but it could have been better. May 03, 2010
This little cake shop is located along this busy street in St. Kilda's. You will notice this street as it is long and on both sides are filled with shops and MORE shops. Many competitions as you will find a few cake shops displaying their beautiful-sweet stuffs. All of them located along the SAME side of the street.

I remembered so clearly that five years ago, my sis and I had been to this little cake shop, Acland Cake Shop. I had ordered the EXACT same cake, which was the Fruit Cheesecake. I'm a cheesecake fan and we (my sis and I) would go around trying out cheesecakes at that time.

This time in Melbourne after 5 years, this was my second time there and we (my guy and I) didn't have much time. Haha, I'm glad that he loves cheesecakes too. Anyway, Acland was the only cake shop which we had cheesecake from. There's an awesome cafe which serves really good cakes but quite pricey, that would be Cafe Greco. Anyway, this review shall not be about Cafe Greco's lovely cakes.

Both of us were awed by the displays and thus, decided to enter as for one of the reasons was, I'd been there 5 years ago. The fruit cheesecake which I had 5 years ago was a little sour. My guy had plain cheesecake and it was soft and moist, and he was satisfied with it along with his hot chocolate. As for mine, I had fruit cheesecake again but it was hard and dry. What a disappointment :( but I was happy with my Orange-Pineapple Slush that came from the machine.

The place is always crowded but it still looks cosy and nice and in the corner there's a flight of steps up to somewhere. From time to time, I noticed one of the servers bringing down a big tray of puffs with cream. They looked good, I regretted having the fruit cheesecake and should have gone for something that wasn't so dry.

My suggestion is, walk down the entire street (up and down) then decide which cake shop you wish to enter and make an order. Don't just see one and enter, after that...when you're done dining and you walked down; you realised there were better ones, you will start to regret. In fact this goes for any kind of dining place, not just the cake shops along the street in St Kilda's but also Italian restaurants located along Lygon Street. Same goes to any where in this world.

If given a chance, I would try out other kind of cakes in Acland and/or try other cake shops located further down St Kilda's. WOW, we're just spoilt for choices!!
The door that leads to the loo.
Plain Cheesecake.
Fruit Cheesecake (more like berry …

Check Melbourne Hotel Deals