Accra Cultural Market

Accra, Ghana

Accra Cultural Market Reviews

silan silan
Jul 04, 2006
The cultural market is a definite tourist trap, and you'll only see tourists wandering the stalls. But nevertheless, it is definitely an experience. You'll find better prices and higher quality products in smaller markets especially outside of Accra, but here's a place where you can flaunt the 'tourist' inside of you and get away with it. If you're going to bargain, bargain hard and you can get a decent price for most things you pick up. Put on your acting shoes because, trust me, they're acting too. It can be a fun experience to spend the afternoon bargaining down prices, just come prepared for the hands pulling you into the stalls ("looking is free!" they'll yell), and busy, crowded aisles.
clblevins84 says:
I visited this market twice while in Ghana. The first time I was a little overwhelmed. The second time, towards the end of the trip, I felt confident. I was able to barter down some great prices.
Posted on: Jul 31, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Accra Cultural Market

Be warned: the undertow is strong in Cape Coast
Things I've learnt so far:1. Ben the diabetic tells good pun jokes when his blood sugars low2. There is such thing as a botel - not a hotel, but not quite a motel3. Never sit in the back row of a tro…Accra Cultural Market 6. Everyone needs to buy a drum (and yes, yes we did) 7. This computer has a webcam…

Check Accra Hotel Deals