Acara Kerry

Check Killarney Hotel Deals

Acara Kerry Killarney Reviews

binky binky
Acara Kerry Apr 11, 2010
Acara Kerry is a great bed and breakfast located in the picturesque town of Killarney in County Kerry. After traveling and sightseeing all day we were concerned we had a arrived there too late, but were assured that 7:00PM was not too late. The only room left was near the street on the first floor for 30.00 Euros a night for each person.

Like most of the rooms in a bed and breakfast in Ireland it was a bit small, but very homey. I especially loved the little window seat facing the street. At first I was concerned that it might be too noisy at night as I was near the window, but soon realized it was mostly a neighborhood and not a main thoroughfare.

The room was very clean and very bright and cheery with maroon and yellow accents. There was a small TV included for late night and the beds were very comfortable. The shower was a bit small, but most are in Ireland from my experience. As long as the water is hot and the shower is clean I am happy; and I was.

You are given a key to lock your room when you leave and the door does lock at night which is nice. Though there was a room across the hall from us with occupants, we barely heard a thing. Only the TV slightly when we came in late.

Killarney is a beautiful town and one of my favorite stops in Ireland. The bed and breakfast is very close to the center a 2-5 minute walk depending on your speed. There you will find many shops and restaurants. The owner of the bed and breakfast gave us a few recommendations of places that she enjoyed to steer us in the right direction. Also, we felt very safe walking back to the bed and breakfast though it was dark in sections.

Included in the price is breakfast in the morning which is always nice. You could order the standard Irish breakfast which my friend did, but I decided to have fruit, yogurt, cereal and the awesome Irish bread as I don’t eat much meat which comes with the Irish breakfast. She seemed surprised, but didn’t seem to mind as it is less work for her. The breakfast was great and she was a perfect hostess.

My only regret was not being able to stay at Acara or in Killarney more than one night. Definitely worth a stop, especially if you are heading to Dingle and such. The town is beautiful and the B&B was simple but very nice.
The Front Sign