Academy Hostel Florence

Check Florence Hotel Deals

Academy Hostel Florence Reviews

tombom07 tombom07
Best location for a great hostel in Florence Feb 19, 2013
Out of all of the hostels I stayed at in Europe, this one is without a doubt the best located, right off the Piazza del Duomo/Cattedrale di Santa Maria del Fiore (the heart of Florence) & a short 10-minute walk to the train station.

It's a secure building as you have to be buzzed in, reception is usually manned although I didn't find the majority of staff to be particularly personable. One guy was a little strange but perhaps he just had a weird sense of humour.

The 6-bed dorm I stayed in was pretty cool, spread over two floors. It sort of had the feel of a hospital ward with partitions separating the the beds on the top floor (the stairs were steep & in a spiral so a bit tricky with bags although I think the strange guy helped me) & high ceilings.

There is a nice, clean kitchen with a very good free breakfast in the morning (cereal, tea, coffee, juice, cakes, fruit, bread & spreads) & also a few free snacks & drinks on the evenings (pizza, pasta, wine etc), which I thought was a great touch as it gets people socialising. The toilets are clean by a lot of hostel standards but could be cleaner.

Free lockers & wifi are available, there are also a few computers that can be used for no extra charge.

At €24/night, & remember this was low season when I stayed, I thought it was quite expensive. I dread to think what the prices would be like in summer, but this is in Florence after all & it's a great city. I think it's probably the best hostel you'll get. I had it recommended to me by another traveller & I'm glad I stayed there. Excelling in freebies & location, lacking somewhat with the staff.

Check Florence Hotel Deals