Absolute ICEBAR by ICEHOTEL

icebar@icebar.se - +46 8 50 56 35 20

Absolute ICEBAR by ICEHOTEL Stockholm Reviews

missandrea81 missandr…
Unique experience at -5 degrees celsius Jun 08, 2013
My trip to Stockholm would not have been complete without a visit to the Icebar, located in the lobby of the Nordic Sea Hotel right by the central train station.

We got a bit of a discount to get in, because we were staying in the hotel. We reserved our time slot for 9:00pm.

It costs 180 kronar to get in without the discount, which comes out to about $28 a person ($25 with the discount). This includes one free drink at the bar.

You'll want to wear warmer clothes when visiting here. It's true, you only get to stay inside for 30 minutes anyways, but trust me. Flip flops and t-shirt will make this an unpleasant experience. So at least were some shoes and a light jacket if you don't have anything else.

Well, what is there to say. It's cold, but it's one of those unique experiences. I know these places are now opening all over the world, but this location is one of the originals.

I definitely recommend a visit, if only to say you've done it. I've been getting all kinds of "jealous" reactions from friends. ;) Just wait until they see my $50 t-shirt. (Yeah, I'd skip the gift shop if I were you.)
Entrance to the bar
Designed by:
Getting a taste ;)
You'll need those gloves to touch …
missandrea81 says:
I hadn't thought of that, because the weather was so beautiful when I was in Stockholm. :)
Posted on: Sep 22, 2013
vixen2306 vixen2306
-5°C always guaranteed Jan 20, 2012
ICEBAR (by ICEHOTEL) in Stockholm is the world's first permanent ice bar with the temperature always set at -5°C. It was opened at Nordic Sea Hotel in 2002 and its interior and furnishings, including the glasses, is made from 100% pure, crystal-clear ice harvested from the Torne river in Jukkasjärvi in Swedish Lapland.

The ICEBAR can take a maximum of 60 visitors at a time and you are only allowed a 40 minute visit. For SEK 180 per person (when pre-booked online) you will receive a warm cape and gloves on entry, and a cocktail of your choice from drinks menu served in an ice glass. You will get your glass refilled for SEK 95 only if you hold on to it :)

The souvenir shop offers a selection of gadgets to take home (t-shirts, mugs, postcards, etc).

Other locations where you can visit ICEBAR by ICEHOTEL - London, Copenhagen, Oslo and Tokyo.
vixen2306 says:
The info was checked on the official ICEBAR website, so I guess they should get it right ;)
Posted on: May 07, 2012